cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my NWDS Development Component controller editors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where have my controls gone? Is this an Eclipse issue, or a NWDS issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try below options :

1. Rebuilt of project and check if there are any errors in error log

2. Close the project and then re-open it

3. Try to create a custom controller and see if same issue exist for that as well. If issue does not exist then try opening your component controller.

4. Close NWDS and reopen it.

5. Choose Repair -> Project structure and classpath.

Some of above might do the trick for you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still a mystery, in some of the editors I can grab an invisible divider and magically the elements appear, others have no divider. I know there are elements there because I can hover over them and some will partially display.

So far I have been able to manage, but I have had to be creative when I want to declare a used controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun - thanks for helping, I am working in NWDS 7.0 so I am restricted to jdk 1.4.2. Functionality of the project being edited is not affected, the application works fine.

Saurabh - thank you, too for helping, I have tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling, trying different sp versions of NWDS, the application code is fine, it is just the editors.

Here is another piece of information - there appears to be an invisible horizontal section control that can be resized. It can be discovered by hovering the mouse over different areas of the window, and watching the cursor change. Grabbing this control and resizing the section restores the visibility of the fields in the Actions, Methods, and Plugs view, but not the Properties view.

This is a new condition for an application that has been installed and stable on my system for a couple of years, but I have been quite active lately installing other standalone Eclipse clients, specifically NWDS 7.3 and ADT, and I wonder that some configuration file has been overwritten.

This may be an Eclipse issue unrelated to the NetWeaver Developer Studio, but I was hoping someone else might have experienced the same.

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Upgrade JDK.I think ..!

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what version of jdk you are using?