cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Destination bin does not exist in storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working in the configuration of creating Bulk storage for one of our client. I had completed required configuration and also have stock of empty bins for use.

During Trasfer order creation of Putaway I am getting the above error.

I had tried all methods but could not succeed. Followed all steps given in our forums also, but could not get rid of this error.

please guide me,

Thanks,

Vengal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls check have you done below required settings,

1. You have activated Bulk strategy for the storage type.

2. Defined storage type control.

3. Defined bulk storage indicator

4. You have defined the bulk structure.

5.Check your storage type search is defined as per the storage type indicators you have maintaine din material master if any.

6. Also check have you activated SU management FOR STORAGE TYPE.

7. In material master have you defined Bulk storage type indicator in WM1 view.

8. In materil master have you maintained the palletisation data in WM2 view.

9. Check have you created the storage bin for the bulk storage type.

10. Check bins are cerated for combination of correct BIN type & SU type.( as defined in customization for the bulk structure)

Check & revert

Reagrds,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta,

Thanks for the reply,

1. I had activated the Bulk strategy for the storage type

2. All other points mentioned above has been attended.

3. All details required for in the warehouse view ( 1 and 2) maintained.

4. Created bin  as per given in the structure automatically.

I had configured for other storage type similar to Self storage and it was successful.

Can you suggest what are the difference in the configuration steps when compared to Bulk storage and other types, so that I can check once again.

Thanks,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Whiile Configuring Bulk stratetgy you have to do some additional configuration, go to

SPRO - Logistic Execution - Warehouse management - Strategies - Putaway strategies - Define Strategy for Bulk Storage

"

Materials that are usually available in large quantities and therefore require a lot of storage space are often stored in bulk storage areas. In bulk storage, each row of the bulk storage area represents a single storage bin. In this type of storage bin, a quant is stored.  The system can deduce how many storage units (for example, pallets) are in each bin from the ratio for quantity per storage unit type defined in the material master.  For this reason, it is only possible to manage, at most, one partial pallet quantity in addition to the full storage units."

So as mentioned above have you activated SU management for Bulk Storage type & accordingly maintaiend the palletization data in Material master WM2 view.

While creating storage bins fior this storage type have you created them in right combination of Storage bin type & Storage Unit type as per teh configuration done for Bulk strategy as mentioend above in SPRO path.

Please check.

Reagrds,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta,

I had now activated SU management for bulk storage type and maintained the palletization data in Material Master WM2 , Storage bins are created with right combination.

But, the issue still exists, and as destination storage type was already coming, I entered the bin details manually, now getting another issue -

error - Storage unit type E2 not allowed for bin type B1

Can you help me out.

Thanks ,

Vengal

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

check Allocation of storage unit types / storage bin types

IMG: Logistics Execution-->Warehouse Management-->Strategies-->Activate Storage Bin Type Search-->Assignments-->Storage Bin Types

for your Warehouse Number.

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for reply,

I checked the SUT allocation to Storage Bin Types and it already assigned to my warehouse number.

Thanks,

Vengal.

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you paste some screenshot of it. Also screenshot from TO creation will be useful.

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please do the below configuration assignment for Storage Bin typesearch,

IMG: Logistics Execution-->Warehouse Management-->Strategies-->Activate Storage Bin Type Search-->Assignments-->Storage Bin Types

1. First Assign allowed storage Unit types to for Bulk storaeg type. (Screenshot 1)

Eg. In your case E2 storaeg unit type should be allowed to combination of your warehouse (001) & storage type (012).

2. Then Assign allowed Stoareg Bin type to Storage Unit type.(Screenshot 2)

In your case Assignment should be like Warehouse + SU tyepe (E2) + Storaeg Bin type (B1)

3. In define Bulk strategy , Block Structure (Screenshot 3)

IMG: Logistics Execution-->Warehouse Management-->Strategies --> Putaway Strategies --> Define Strategy for Bulk Storage--> Define Block structure

Define below combination, whereas Warehouse 001, Bulk storage type 012, St.Bin Type B1, SU type E2, Bulk Storage Indicator BL (same is maintained in material master WM1 view).

Create Storaeg bin in combiantion of SU type E2 & St.Bin Type B1.

Hope this time it will work.

Regards,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

In the OMM4 , we have 4th tab - BLOCK STRUCTURE , in it I had assigned correct SUT to Storage Bin Type. and now it is working fine.

Thanks to all for being part of the issue and guiding me all the time .

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charudatta,

I specially thank you for your guidance and your help  in getting my issue fixed.

Regards,

Vengal.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Understand the BULK storage concept on help.sap.com , you will get to know how SAP works & then you can do the mapping for Business requirment.

thanks,

mahesh

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check any destination storage type is available or not.If error giving some name then check the BIN is available in LS03N or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell how you did the config for that storage type ... ?