cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration change in CHARM for new hardware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts: We have a setup and configured the transport movement thru CHARM- Solution Manager. Now we are replacing with new production hardware.

Need to understand what changes to be made in the CHARM setup so that it will now follow the new transport path.

Present we have : Dev>Qty>Production box          transport path.

Now we are replacing Production with New Production.

New Transport Path: Dev>Qty>New Production box.

Can u tell, what all the changes need to be made to setup this new production box replacing the old production box.

Appreciate your inputs at the earliest.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are you changing the already existing charm set up?

this already stated in the blog

ques no 6 . Changes in the logical components of a project where Charm is already activated

close the current maintenance cycle and change your transport route. later create new one.

check the other interesting discussion here http://scn.sap.com/thread/2142045

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi for the reply, this is very useful...

I see we are in a diffrent situation.

I like to clarify here, we are replacing the production server with a new production server having the same name and ip address in the domain. Do you still see that we need to change any thing here - like change the transport route etc.

From a user perspective, for instance, access etc are transparent and they will logon with the same url.

appreciate your response and more insite to this situation.

Pls let me know what steps I need to follow.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi and Team I need to clarify and explain the setup in our landscape.

I like to clarify here, we are replacing the production server with a new production server having the same name and ip address in the domain. Do you still see that we need to change any thing here - like change the transport route etc.

From a user perspective, for instance, access etc are transparent and they will logon with the same url.

appreciate your response and more insite to this situation.

Pls let me know what steps I need to follow. Pls confirm quickly.

Regards

John

fernando_rocha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you are replacing the production system by the same SID, then you don't need to change the transport routes or your logical component definition.

you just need to ensure the conmunication between the new production system and the domain controller is working as well as the communication with the SolMan system. I'd suggest you to register the system in the domain controller and distribute the configuration, and also re-generate the RFCs for this systems at SMSY/LMDB in SolMan.

After that, please go to solar_project_admin, refresh the project and run a charm check.

Best regards,

Fernando

Answers (0)