cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating SCAs in NWDI track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working with MDM in our project, so we had to add a couple of MDM-related SCAs to our track. These SCAs are:

- MDM_JAVA_API.SCA

- MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK

We had been working, without issues, with the 7.1 SP 8 version of both of those SCAs. However, recently, the client asked to upgrade MDM to 7.1 SP 9. This included, upgrading those SCAs from SP 8 to SP 9.

The SLD has been updated. We have also updated the CMS and the new versions of these SCAs appears in the "Check-In" tab of the transport studio. However, ,when I select both SCAs, and click on the "Check-In" button, I get the following error:

Component (Vendor/Name/Location/Counter sap.com/MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK/MAIN_MD7191xP_C/20120822205826) specified in the file (/usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/MDMJAVAWDFRWK09_0-10009090.SCA) has already been imported into the system (Domain/Name DIP/ZDPSMADM_D) in a higher version.

After the error, I can see that only the MDM_JAPA_API.SCA got checked in successfully into the "Development" tab. But the MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK SCA didn't. I was able to import the MDM_JAPA_API all the way to "Consolidation", but the other one just won't check-in because of the error.

This makes no sense to me, because the SCA I'm trying to update is currently on release 710.711 SP8 (Patch: MD7181xP.05241723, Version MAIN_MD7181xP_C.20120524172336) and I want to update it to 710.711 SP9 (Patch MD7191xP.08222057, Version MAIN_MD7191xP_C.20120822205826) which is CLEARLY a newer version.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions to solve this, please?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

the solution is point 4) in the note:

#973346 - CMS Support tool: Support for special DB queries

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your reply.

Just one question? Point 4 says it's for reimporting older versions, but I'm pretty sure the one I'm trying to checkin and import is newer... Is this still the correct process?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, indeed this is a bit misleading, since this check is considering the build version, and not the SP version.

Example: Patch Level 0 of SP2 can be older than Patch Level 28 of SP1 since PL28 of SP1 could be released for customers later in time than PL0 of SP2 was.

So the SC you intend to import seems to be newer (from SP POV), but still it is older (from its release POV).

Therefore your solution is to apply the note at point 4.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it.

I just tried it, and it seems it worked!

Thanks for your help Ervin, really appreciate it!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Alain,

I am glad to hear it. 😉

Best Regards and have a nice day,

Ervin

Answers (0)