cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had an error with the inbound queue. We tried to restart it but it's not working. Any possible solutions for this one?

Thanks,

Grace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have come across this thread because I have the exact same error with an interface (in my case, the SAP Backend system sends a DEBMAS IDoc to XI).

I do not understand how this error could have anything to do with the XML transformation in the mapping, because from what I can tell, the incoming message does not come as far as the mapping (in the processing pipeline).

The strange thing is that when I send an almost identical IDoc from my SAP Backend, it does not encounter any such queue problems. Does anyone have any idea why the queue always crashes when I send this particular IDoc, but not for other IDocs?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This msg looks like an ABAP exception ! Is there any associated dump in the backend (ST22 transaction) ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

did you find any solution for this error?

if you got the solution from any where pls post the same BCZ one of my interface also getting the same error.

It is also sending the Z2DEBMAS from R/3 System to another R/3 System.

Thanks,

Govindu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. I'll try to check on the mapping again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This is not Queue Error, i hope, in general , if any error in XMl transformation ,then this type of error will be occurred..Please check your Mapping XML transformation is correct..

To get correct answer ,please explain your scenario..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is this==== Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

We've also tried the instructions in the link, but it's also not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mary

can you please explain ur interfaces? what types of adapters/proxies you are using etc.?

thanx

ahmad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u using any udf/adapter modules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what you told me to, both connections are okay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

check the following

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

also double click SYSFAIL and see wats the error description

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I've tried what you told me to do, but it's not working. First, we unlock the SYSFAIL, then we restart the LUW. Then we refreshed it. After a few seconds, it's processing but after a while, it went back to its SYSFAIL status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SM59 under TCP/IP ,check your AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER and AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER ,test the connection and lemme know

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah okay, after unlocking, should we reset the LUW? If it wont work, do you have any other options in mind?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,restart the LUW,it shud work,as al the messages are processeed in queue it sometimes happens that the queue gets stuck and the following messages cant be processed ,unlocking the queue in SMQ2 in that condition is the option which always work.

hopefully it should work for you too:)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I unlock the queues? Is it in the SM21 transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just click on SYSFAIL in SMQ2 and on the top u will see a unlock icon,actually i guess there are 4 of those icons,you can select the one which says unlock immediately.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are blocked messages in the inbound queue. The cause of the error is due to a message failing. The queue in SMQ2 is in status SYSFAIL with reason "Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible". We tried re-executing the LUW but it did not work. Are there any possible work around for this? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you can try unlocking the queues,hopefully that will help

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mary

can you explain your scenario a bit more?

thanx

ahmad