cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am working before passing my B.tech will that experience counts when am going SAP functional certification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I joined my Btech in 2006 and completed in 2011(5yrs) which is supposed to complete in 2010, but am working since 2010 currently am a Asst. Manager will that 1Exp counts when am taking SAP functional certification i mean will companies counts it as domain experience.

My domain experience: project management

My taking certification in SAP PS(project systems)

and am i eligible for SAP PS traning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasimha,

You haven't mentioned that you are using SAP or not.

There is no such eligibility criteria for PS training although it is preferred to have domain knowledge in PS.

But there is eligibility criteria for certification exam-

a. Completed 5-week training program at any SAP authorized Education partner e.g. Siemens(Now ATOS), Genovate etc.

b. 2 implementations experience & the Company authenticates and sponsors the candidate

Ref link-http://sapeducation.in.atos.net/

See this thread also-http://scn.sap.com/thread/1055577

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

firstly thanks Pranav for your helpful contribution.

I don't have any experience in SAP implementation so how to get it done now.

regards

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Do you have experience of sap end user.

For involving in implementation you should have depth knowledge of same.

One may get this by experience or training program.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasimha,

I would suggest you that before jumping directly into an Implementation project you must be clear about how the business is mapped in SAP  and how the data flows from one module to another.And any support project in SAP may give you an upper hand in understanding the above subjects.Then, you will find the implementation project a bit easy and will handle it confidently.

So, my suggestion is, you can start learning from scratch leaving no stone unturned and then you may re post your doubts/queries here in this forum if found not very basic.

And, once you get a clear understanding of the business processes , you may go for Certification also (keeping in mind which module has influenced a lot in SAP) and that will make you strong professionally in SAP.

Good Luck!!

Regards

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes yor 1 year domain experience will count when you go for SAP PS certification.

It would be great if you can give more stress on your Project Management experience in your CV.

You can then approach any of authorized training institute by SAP ( e.g. Genovate, Siements etc.)

For more details please refer disucssion on thread below.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13513149#13513149

You need to be prepared to spend some money even if the course is costly.

Once you do certification in SAP PS, you will get basic idea of different aspects ( for e.g Project structures, Reporting,  Planning,Budget,Execution, Period End closing).

After this for at least 1 year, you can first work on Support project where you will be involved in resolving tickets on various aspects mentioned above. You can interact with experts in this forum in case of miscellaneus issues. Once you get good confidence in solving tickets by your self , you can think of switching to PS implementation Project.

Working on PS implementation project is very good and challenging experience as it is required to have a good business & SAP knowlege which can help you during various phases of PS implementation.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar