cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Order process, with Full or Partial Return of Transit Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I created a stock transport order between two plants of the same company code with delivery , and  I had already done the the issuing from the source plant   and receiving in the distention plant but the destination plant did not receive all the quantity as some of the transferred items was damaged so I tried to return the damaged stock in transit between the two plants to the source plant

so I did the following steps

Step 1: Create purchase order with transaction ME21N and set the "Return Order" flag  on item level.

Step 2: Create delivery with transaction VL10B  delivery type NLR - Item Type NLRN

Step 3: Create the reference to the goods issue Insert the GI delivery note number in the  field  "External Identification of Delivery Note in edit-->header -->Administration

Step 4: try to Post Goods receipt with transaction VL02N. but the system raise an error

Deficit of PU GR quantity 3 EA : PH01 PH01 0002

so is there any way to solve this issue

Best regards

Ahmed bahy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you have raised the PO of 10 quantity & GR done for 7 quanity , in this case your PO will always be open ? how you will knock off that entry ?

you can have multiple options here

1) try to change the quantity in PO & delivery , system may throw an error

2) if error comes up you must do the second GR for qty 3 & then follow return process either by raising new PO or using 161 / 122 mvt types

3) If no error then you can write off the stock in transit by using mvt type 557 / 558

4) or the best way is as goods are damaged you can directly do the GR & post it to scrap at destination plant

thanks

mahesh

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before creating the delivery you need to do return goods receipt.When you enter purchase order in MIGO it will pick 161 mvt type to return the goods.

STO REturn Process steps are.

Purchase order with return indiactor (ME21N)-->Goods receipt (MIGO--161 Mvt type )--->Outbound delivery (VL10B) -->Post Goods Issue (VL02N)

Once you do PGI the stock will get automatically updated in supplying plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did't receive the full quantity in the destination plant

I received  a part of the quantity only and the remaining still in transit and I want to return the stock in transit to the source plant so what should I do ?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do GR for the remaing qty  3 then do return process as i said earlier.IF stock is in transit then you can do return.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

Stock in Transit stock is always stock of supplying plant in STO, in that case from receiving plant you can not transfer it to supplying plant.

You have following options,

Option1 - You reverse the removal from storage from the issuing plant and then post the goods for scrapping. Refer to 'Entering Material for Scrapping'. 

Option 2- Alternatively, you can post the placement of the entire quantity into storage at the receiving plant and then post the goods for scrapping from there.

Regards,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deficit of PU GR quantity 3 EA : PH01 PH01 0002

First important thing you are missing here is you are not receiving full quantity, first do GR for full quantity.

(example - In your case if quantity is 10 out of that you only received 7 and already consumed and now trying to do return for remaing 3 which is not received or in transit)

So recieve full qty & then do return.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to receive all the quantity in the destination plant, the destination plant received the good part of the transfered quantity and leave the damaged part in the stock in transit

so I want to return the part in the stock in transit to the source plant

Quantity issued from source plant 10

Quantity received at destination 7

Quantity in stock in transit 3

so I want to return the quantity in the transit (3) to the source plant

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do the goods receipt for all quantities first? Then do the goods return. Also make sure that the goods receipt quantity is not moved/consumed by any other process.

Can you provide the message number?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I did not receive all the quantity in the destination plant, the destination plant received the good part of the transfered quantity and leave the damaged part in the stock in transit

so I want to return the part in the stock in transit to the source plant

Quantity issued from source plant 10

Quantity received at destination 7

Quantity in stock in transit 3

so I want to return the quantity in the transit (3) to the source plant

and the message number is M7021