cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup and restore the application objects using web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am developing a new application using web dynpro.so i want to take the backup of my developed web dynpro application kindly give me the suggestion about how do go about this backup ???its very urgent.

2nd question:--can i create one application for one transaction and clupping together all the application of all transactions or something else.becoz i have 10 transactions,can i go one by one Or can i develop one application for all transactions?what can be done for above scenario.kindly give me the suggestion at the earliest.

thanks in Advance.

regards,

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hara,

In order to take back up you should develop an application as DC (dovelopement component/ejb/web etc..)then you can take back similar to CVS ie. SAP DTR for more info about how to install, take back up in DTR follow th below URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/95/3dbe3be3e9d949961a6a4469b59a83/content.htm

(if you are not intended to maintain versioning another option is export your package in to another directory create a saparate folder structure for each time when ever you feel so and update changes to these folders example: D:/proj1,D:/proj2 when ever you want you can import from these folders.

coming to next post yes you can crete one application and one transaction, one application and multiple transactions in webdynpros..

see any example callinga bapi through dynpros..

Hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parida,

For taking the backup of the applications that you have already developed copy the project folder to the location where you need the backup to be. The folder can be found at the path given in properties->info->location.

For the scenario given I am not an expert but i feel referring to interface controllers would be of much help to your. There you can create different applications and interact between them.

Hope my reply would be of help to you.

Expecting you feedback

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

normally for backup you should use any source control software which will maintain the source code as well as backups. You can use SAP DTR or other source control softwares for this. Actually for each WD project a separate folder with the project name is created in your file structure. So for manual backup you should just copy this folder to your backup repository, and later you can just re-copy it and import it into NWDS for further working.

For different transaction to be created you can create one application and modularize your transactions in different WD components under that single application. Otherwise you can create seperate WD applications for each transactions also, both are very much possible.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

wrt the second part, is it possible to directly call a transaction in a webdynpro.

Bec I have only come across calling BAPIS/RFC in webdynpros.

Any documentation would be appreciated.

Regards

Meesum