cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Rebate Settlement Creates -ve Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have created a Customer Rebate Agreement - There are no sales Volumes for this scenarios  - All balances are via manual accruals.

I started with an accrual (upfront balance) of $5,000

Made partial payments of 2,700 and 1,000 each (total of $3,700) leaving a balance of $1,300

On executing the final settlement, I expected a final credit memo of $1,300

Instead it gave me -ve $3,700 credit memo . It just gave a negative payment for all the amounts that has been paid..

It should give me a +ve credit memo of the balance.

Would appreciate pointers to what config settings to do to ensure that we get a credit memo for the balance remaining..

Thank you so much

Olu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akin,

For Final settlement you have to follow the below steps:

1. Create Agreement

2. Create sales order

3. Create Delivery

4. Create Billing Document

5. Release Billing document to Accounting

6. Go to VBO2 Rebate Agreemtn change

here you have to select Agreement status as B then save the agreement again goto VBO2 click on Final Settlement Icon

the system generate the Credit Memo Request No. save the agreement

7. Goto VA02 remove the billing block and enter the Order reason for example rebate or discount

8. create the Credit memo with the reference to Credit memo Request

9. Release the Credit memo to Accounting.

and further gothrough the link

http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf

if you have any doubt please post the thread

Best Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muhammed,

I have done those steps a hundred times and it works well for Sales based Rebates. These are lump sum based rebates (manual accruals), therefore it creates a negative credit memo at the Final settlement.

I have used both Customer Rebate (003) and Independent of Sales Volume(0005) Agreement types and I am getting the same results.

I would appreciate advice on how to twig the config so that it can work in a non sales based (promotional or lump sum based) scenario and give me the balance remaining as a positive credit memo

Right now its reversing all the payments made out (-ve credit memo) because no accurals came in through as Sales as it would have done in a normal Sales based Rebate Scenario,

Pls note this a promotional (lump sum ) scenario

I look forward to a successful solution

Thank you