cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Data services job from BW InfoPackage

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Data Services 4.0 jobs which load data into BW 7.3 system. We would like to enable a pull mechanism for loading the data into BW. To do that, we have created infopackage, enabled the 3rd party selection tab with relevant attributes to facilitate DS job calling.

When we execute the infopackage, the DS job runs fine, loads the PSA and the PSA entry has green traffic light.

When we execute the very same job from Data services designer/console, the job succeeds but the PSA entry has red traffic light. The error states that

Quote:
Could not execute the following SQL command: insert into AL_BW_REQUEST (REQUESTID,TYPE,VALUE,DF_NAME,CREATION_TIME)  values(?,?,?,?,?)
08/24/2012 10:47:25 [  SEVERE ] DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -803, SQLSTATE: 23505, SQLERRMC: 1;D4DLCL2.AL_BW_REQUEST

Please let me know if the above case is an intended behavior of data services. A job designed to be executed from BW, if executed from DS, results in red PSA?

Kindly see the attached document which has detailed analysis.
  Please rename the document extension as .doc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the DS RepoName and JobServer property set in the infoPackage when you are executing the job from DS Designer or MC ? remove those values and then try

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

My DI_SOURCE attributes in BW Source system is configured with my local repository and job server details as they are mandatory fields. So, whenever i create an infopackage, the repo and job server info comes in automatically in 3rd party selection tab. Also the JobName parameter is mandatory, so even if i execute a job without jobname, it fails at PSA level stating invalid parameter error.

Please let me know how to proceed further.