cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK_HOSTS_CPU alert in HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

On checking the alert TAB for a non-production HANA appliance, I came across the following :

"   Monitor CHECK_HOSTS_CPU: Undefined value at position 43 in expression CPU_HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_IDLE_PERC[] <= THRESHOLD_CHECK_HOSTS_CPU_WARNING_LEVEL_3.   "

It is accompanied by the following :

"  hananode01 runs out of CPU resources! CPU consumption user mode 9%, system mode 0%, wio 0%, idle 21%  "

Is this something I should be worried about ?

The time stamps for this alert coincide with times when initial data load activity was being carried out from a source ECC system.

Has anyone else experienced this alert and if so is there a fix required ?

Thanks

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Simon,

this warning basically tells you:

"there had been a time, where the avg idle cpu time was below the threshold 3 (warning priority low)".

If this occurs regularly or often it should trigger you to check what on the system uses the CPU resources.

Since at the same time the indexserver CPU usage is reported to be 9% some other process must be active on the HANA server.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars

thanks for the feedback

Yes, you're right, "some other process" is the culprit !

It was a little naive of me to expect that that would NOT be the case.

It turns out that the CPU spike is caused by the monitoring tool installed by our 3rd party hardware provider for the HANA appliance - I can see this alert on all of our HANA appliances.

Thanks

Simon

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I thought so ...

Although monitoring agents generally are allowed to be placed on the HANA servers, the idea still is that these processes should not use much resources.

Make sure to check with your HW partner if this can be mitigated or avoided, otherwise you may face performance impacts when using your SAP HANA solution.

- Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jackson_john
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I am also seeing the same alert. Please share the solution if you have found any.

Thanks,

Jackson