Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Budget

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my user requirement, they need to restrict the budget from Jan 2013. For eg: Budget for the fiscal year 1Lakh , assigned and released completely. Generally we can use the budget for the complete fiscal year (say April 2012 to March 2013). As per business needs the budget should be used upto Dec2012 only .There should be restrict on budget from Jan2013. No left budget should be used from Jan2013.

I informed the user that, return back the remaining budget on 31st Dec 2012 evening by CJ38 for all the projects,so that there will be no budget for Jan2013, hence no PR,PO ..etc will be processed. Am i in right path?

Please let me know whether there are any other possibilities to restrict the usage of budget from Jan2013.

Thank you,

Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes.Returning budget through CJ38 is the right and easiest approach .

However, as you asked about the possibilities to restrict the usage of budget from Jan2013, yes, there are following options for the same.

1. You can user User Status configuration to disallow that particular transaction which have direct effect on budget. e.g PR.PO etc.
  2. You can set the status 'AALK' account assignment locked for the objective projects or wbs/s.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for sharing the information.

Hence closing the thread.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krthik,

You may close your thread if your issue is resolved now.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already suggested by Ankur, returning the budget is the most easiest way of achieving this. However, since this activity would be performed manually, it should be ensured that the activity happens without fail. Since, there are chances of human error.

In addition to this make use of User Status which should come into play once you return the budget, to prevent any postings from happening. Remove these User Status once the new budget is assigned, in order to allow postings to happen.

Hope it helps.