cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slash in IDOC Extension Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP PI 7.0 and we are facing issues when posting IDOC with extension segment to PI.

As a standard PI behaviour, if an IDOC name has / in its name then after importing, in the XML root node name / are automatically converted to _- e.g.

SHPMNT./AFS/SHPMNT05 to _-AFS_-SHPMNT05

and similar is also applied to XML messages sent from SAP system to PI at runtime.

But if the IDOC extension segment has /, the import works correctly but at runtime the root node conversion does not happen i.e.

ORDERS./AFS/ORDERS05.Z/AFS/ORDERS05 imports to Z_-AFS_-ORDERS05

But at runtime XML root node still comes as Z/AFS/ORDERS05 thus causing XML parsing issues during mapping.

Strangely enough, the reverse conversion when posting the same IDOC extension to SAP System from XI works.

Please help let me know if you have come across such situation and also the possible solution

Regards,

Anurag Mahendru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

Check if the solution in note #1532496 Cannot import XSD of exported IDoc in ESR, will work for you.

Regards

Mark

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check for SAP notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I checked for SAP Notes related to IDOC Adapter and they all talk about special character handling at field level but not at root node name in case of extension. Nevertheless I will keep on searching. Would appreciate if you can link me to SAP Note in case you come across specific to my requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag Mahendru

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are pretty much SAP notes concerning IDoc adapter.Maybe you just open an OSS ticket, so SAP will help you.