Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Your guidance requested.

In IMG we create all the customization objects like define sales orgn, assing sales orgn. etc.

Do we give a separate transport request for each of these objects to the Basis Guy? Or just generalize it under one saying SD orgn elements.

Can anyone give me a list of all transport requests pertaining to Sd for the mySAP configuration? Who decides the number TDSK900000....etc for the transport request.

Your urgent help is needed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

<b>Do we give a separate transport request for each of these objects to the Basis Guy? Or just generalize it under one saying SD orgn elements.</b>

When Functional consultant will do customization at that time system will prompt for Change request number under which changes needs to be saved. Mostly, the consultant carried out the customization and assign change request number for the group of activities very logically.

<b>Can anyone give me a list of all transport requests pertaining to Sd for the mySAP configuration?</b>

There are some BC set's available with Standard SAP which are pre-configured for baseline packages.

Find more details on http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/BBlibrary_start.htm

<b>Who decides the number TDSK900000....etc for the transport request.</b>

Basis team will assign the number ranges for the change request. Change Request Number will be generated automatically.

in last, once all the configuration carried out, The basis team will move this change request into target system. You just have to release the requests with SE09/ SE10 / SE01 (This can be automatically or manually)

Some particular configurations are not automatically recorded in Customizing requests. The Implementation Guide has details

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you and Nishant.

What I wanted to know is basically the following:

1. The basis administrator asks you as to how many transport objects you have for your SD customizing? Then accordingly he would create transport request for each of those objects or he would configure it thatway?

2. In this case if I were to furnish him a list in a spreadsheet identifying all the IMG activities in SD pertaining to the customer scenario, then should I group together the activities or give individual list.? What should be the approach for mySAP ECC 6.0....OR we just brodly group them like : a: Sales Organization structure, b: Pricing c: Shipping...d: Transportation ....and so on.

3. I am looking for such a list for may be a vanilla SD implementation.

Await your advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

<b>1. The basis administrator asks you as to how many transport objects you have for your SD customizing? Then accordingly he would create transport request for each of those objects or he would configure it thatway?</b>

In this case, First you try to understand the system requirement and note down what are the configurations involve to carry out the complete cycle, based on that you he may give the number ranges (technical expert can explain in details).

<b>2. In this case if I were to furnish him a list in a spreadsheet identifying all the IMG activities in SD pertaining to the customer scenario, then should I group together the activities or give individual list.?</b>

You can refer the standard SAP system Building Block to identify the configurations. (http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/BBlibrary_start.htm)

<b>What should be the approach for mySAP ECC 6.0....OR we just brodly group them like : a: Sales Organization structure, b: Pricing c: Shipping...d: Transportation ....and so on.</b>

Yes, broadly you can group in Org structure config, Master data related config, Transaction related config.

<b>3. I am looking for such a list for may be a vanilla SD implementation.</b>

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/BBlibrary_start.htm

Hope this helps.

Reward if answer is helpful.

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can create Transport request at your own will.

It is system generated number and it is for transpoting configuration and developement work into the other system.

In an implementation,you can N numbers of transport request.generally we try to put a logical unit of work into tranport request.

You need not to worry for these but is always advisable to keep some naming convention for each transport.

The Transport request handling transaction SE09 or SE01 automcatically differentiate transport request into configuration and development one.

I hope this helps.

<b>

Please reward points if this helps.</b>

regards,nishant