cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Numbers and Label Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In a pharma product scenario can someone guide me as to how to capture the Catalog no and the label no for each product. Both these are unique for the product. Do we use the Sales/text view of the Material Master.? OR there is any other way?

Kindly guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I understand the question, you need to ID the different finished products according to country guidelines, correct?

Typically each country has its own numbering for their pharmaceutical products which is normally different per package size.

In Germany this is the "Central Pharma Number" ("Pharmazentralnummer (=PZN) in german), in the US, this is the NDC (National Drug Code).

In the SAP Best Practices for Pharmaceuticals, this has been realized in ERP using the EAN/UPC field on the material master (Basic Settings 1 or 2...). You need to customize an additional EAN category (for example PZN for Germany and/or NDC for the US) and then you can maintain the ID in the EAN/UPC field.

As pointed out before, batch management is a must and I assume that you have set this up. But batch management is used to manage the production lots of one product. Serial Number management is typically not used in Pharma with very few exceptions.

I would suggest you evaluate the Best Practice package for your project. In any case, the delivered documentation will be of great help even if you deciode not to implement the customizing itself.

I hoep this helps and award points if so. Let me know if there are any more questions ... I am happy to help.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with serial numbers for master data

Regards

N Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I didnot follow what you meant by Serial nos. Do you mean the way we have for computers or any gadget?

In Pharma scenario it is not possible. They use the batch numbers for tracking. Catalog nos and Batch nos are required for the registration process with Govt bodies like FDA and also to appear on the bottle of the product as a statutory requirement.

Shall appreciate more information from all.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Use the batch number.

Are you using this already and you need additionally the Catalog and Lable numbers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sachin, I want these additionally because it is a statutory requirement by the Govt bodies who allow for the product to be sold for health care etc. Both Cat No and Label no appear on the bottle.

Pl advise.