cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Storage bin not populating in putaway !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have completely done the configuration of the WM in SAP, such as storage type, section, and the storage type search parameters, but still system is not automatically populating the destination storage bin in the TO. It is always coming empty. Can you please let me know what might be getting missed in config.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Aside Andrzej: The log was just showing the setup done by me and nothing extra.

Aside Charu: Please find below the screen shots as you had asked. Also, one more thing which I noticed was that when I am creating a TO, it is not displaying the destination storage type and Bin. But, when I created the TO successfully, the created document is showing the destination storage type and bin. But when I am try to change at the time of confirmation (LT12) it is not allowing me to change.

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you paste the log?

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Are you trying to post the GR against PO?

Can you paste the screenshot of Trnasfer order created as you said in your above reply.

Also can you paste the detailed screenshot of your WM mvt.type ( 101 ) as per your assignemnt to IM movt. type.

I think you have mentioned the stoargae bin as fixed in WM movt. type defination in field Source bin.

Check & revert 7 provide the above mentioned screenshot.

Reagrds,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I just checked the following again:

1) WM1 view has the storage type indicator mentioned on it

2) Storage Type search is maintained for this storage type indicator

3) Also the Storage type search has been activated.

I am also really not able to get why it is not populating.

Regards

Abhishek

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your SAP version? If your version is 4.6c and below, then take a look at OSS Note 418215 - Destination storage bin is not found .Check whether capacity usage value set in the material master WM1 view and storage bin capacities defined in LS02 has an impact on the storage bin proposals.

Regards,

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to analyse storage bin search log while creating TO:

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Can you just paste the screenshot of your material master WM1 view & storage type master data,

also can you paste the screenshot of your stoarge type search.

This will be helpful in providing solution. 

Reagrds,

Charudatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

First of all thanks for your replies.

Aside Charu: I am not able to see storage type. That is also not coming in the Destination field. The strategy for placement and removal has been applied at material level as well as the storage type serach has been defined and activated.

Aside Shiva: In WM1 view I hve defined the strategy. Also I have activated the storage type search. But still its not visible.

Yes, but I have not activated storage section search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Storage section search is optional. Does not matter if you have not defined storage section search, but ensure it is not activate dfor teh storage type in storage type master data.

Though you are not able to see the storage type also in destination it means your storage type search is not working.

Check the following things,

1. Do you see in material master WM1 view any storage tyepe indicator maintained.

2. Check your storage type search is maintianed as per that like eg. for this particular storage type indicator in mater master material should be stored in this particular storag type.

Pls check & revert.

Regards,

Charudatta

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your material master ->WM1 views for stock placement/removal strategy type assignment. Then check for those strategy types proper storage type has been assigned in SPRO-> LE ->Warehouse management ->strategies ->activate storage type search.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to see storage type coming in destination storage type.

if so then strategy for placement or removal based on your operation must be missing, pls check.

If destination storage type itself is not coming then storage type search is not properly set.

Or must be set with placement indicator whereas material master is not maintained as per that.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Charu