cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining a target language in SAP SRM 7

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello gurus, thanks in advance for your support.

In order to build an international SRM system, some languages have been installed on our machine. Everything works fine so far.

Actually we're facing a problem in translating some smartforms from transaction SE63; in the "Other text -> SAP Smartform" section, we noticed that Source Language and Target Language are not modifyable:

This is probably caused by a lack of target languages for translation on our system. In the specific case, we have to translate from ITALIAN (itIT) to SPANISH, but we are not able to do this because we cannot choose spanish as target language.

Another team had in charge the language installation process so we're don't know much about the task. Could anyone help us in defining a new Target Language (spanish), even suggesting some how to guides or sap procedure for SRM... We found some documents googling but these are not referring to SRM so many menu voices are missing and in general, we find the procedure not adaptable on our SRM installation.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Update: I tried to follow some guidelines I found on the web, in particular:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/ad/06dcf4c4be11d291c70000e8a5f6e6/content.htm

and noticed the "Language" field search help does not have any value.

Debugging, I've seen that the table LXE_LANG is empty. Unfortunately, I don't know which configuration phase should populate such a standard table. Can anyone provide further info on the task?

Thanks in advance,

M.