SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grants Management budget consumption issue in FB50

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am facing an issue, it might be due to lack of overall processing within Grants Management and Funds Management integration.

I have a grant XYZ for which i have posted budget against two sponsored classes A & B. These are further linked to cost element 1 & 2. In FMDERIVE i want to have set a derivation strategy with cost element and cost center as source field and funds, fund center an grants in target field.  Issue is i have not assigned any budget to fund center in FM and budget has been assigned to Grant which has been released and posted in GM ledger . When i am trying to consume in it FI its giving me error message which checks the AVC in FM , i understand its logical since no budget has been assigned to fund center/commitment items in FM , so does that mean we need to update the same budget in FM as well or is there any other configuration which i am missing. Please guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Budget transferred from GM to FM requires that the Grant field should be active in FM as an account assignment for budgeting. This is because the budget transferred from GM includes the grant number and the AVC includes the grant number too. Then the GM budget will be transferred to FM with the grant number and provide FM budget for your grant posting.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, if your posting is FM relevant (i.e. not statistical, using commitment items with financial transaction 30..) then yes, you need to configure AVC in FM.

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar:

I guess you did not understand my query. See we are using FM-BCS for managing our internal funds generated through students fees e.t.c GM will be used for managing grants received from donors. There is one co code which has been divided into 5 Segments and client will draw financial statement based on these 5 segments. These five segments are in fact fund heads for client. For first fund head or segment FM-BCS will be used , while in other fund heads like endowment funds, scholarship funds e.t.c (for these segments have been created) .In these segment GM solution will be used . Hence both FM & GM will be fully used but in their own segments.

Commitment items for expenses GL have been created with 30/3 ,now in GM budget has been posted but in while posting in FI , account assignment like Fund center and Commitment area as mandatory for expense GL along with Fund and Grants which are primarily required for GM . Budget has been released for Grant , here i want to ask , do i need to post the same budget in FMBB for the fund center to which my Sponsored program corresponds so that i do not get AVC error for fund center. I hope you got my point.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

In GM Global Settings -> Maintain Company Code Settings, did you set the FM Interation flag? If you did, GM budget for awarded grant will be transferred to FM automatically or you can use GM_BDGT_TRANSFER_FM to transfer GM budget to FM. You do not need to use FMBB. If there is no FM budget, you sure will hit FM AVC error because your FI document creates an FM document as well as a GM document.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Thanks for your reply, it is set as flagged but still i am getting the FM AVC error. Is there any other configuration i am missing .. Grants type is also Transfer to FM relevant.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

You can analyze the AVC error to determine which Fund/Fund Center.. etc. is identified in the error. The expectation is that when you post budget in GM and release it, if the GM<>FM Budget Integration is active, budget will be transferred from GM to the External Fund/Fund Center in FM. If this is not happening or AVC is not correctly configured in FM you may get an FM AVC error.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Yes, it is in the configuration of Grant Type. You'll need to set the flag of 'Transfer to FM' and specify budget source as 'Grants Management'. Under Grant Type, you also need to configure 'Funds Management Integration - Budget Types' (you specify FM budget process and budget type for transfer).

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam:

Please not that apart from Grantee management we are also using FM-BCS for keeping budget control over internal funds generated through revenue generating activities. If i post a budget within FM and use it in FI , i do not get any AVC error . However when budget is posted in GM and i want to derive it FI,MM or HCM postings it is correctly derived through derivation rules i set in FMDERIVE and GMDERIVE but when it comes to posting document i get FM PB AVC error. When AVC is working fine in FM then why it is giving error in GM. I have integrated GM budget types with FM budget type, Grant type is also flagged for FM-GM integration , global settings are also Ok for FM-GM integration then whats wrong.

In this regard please not that in FM budget address comprises of Fund center and Commitment item only for which i post budget in FMBB and in GM in fund is also there. Is there any issue in FM derivation strategy for control objects because of which is FM AVC is throwing error if budget is posted from GM.

Please guide me.

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

Budget transferred from GM to FM requires that the Grant field should be active in FM as an account assignment for budgeting. This is because the budget transferred from GM includes the grant number and the AVC includes the grant number too. Then the GM budget will be transferred to FM with the grant number and provide FM budget for your grant posting.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi:

I was able to resolve error by setting BA check inactive in FMBOSTAT

Thanks for your support.

Regards