cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create attribute and analytic views using SQL script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know if it is possible to create attribute and analytic views using SQL script, as an altrentive to creating them using the modeler.

Thanks,

Ronen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronen,

This has been previously discussed here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2141404

You could directly create a  column view instead I suppose. So if you double-click on the corresponding _SYS_BIC column view of your attribute/analytic/calc view and navigate to the 'Create Statement' column you should be able to see the CREATE COLUMN VIEW statement that was used behind the scenes.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anooj!

Indeed the column view was created under _SYS_BIC , but when I navigate into the referenced content package I don't see it.

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly the point as mentioned in the thread I posted above - the APIs to create the attr/analytic/calc views haven't been available for public as yet. Creating column views are an alternative. It gets created under your schema (the user that created it) as opposed to getting created under _SYS_BIC.

Depending up on the type of column view you create, it will hit the same Join/OLAP/calculation engines of HANA giving you the same level of performance that you would otherwise get from attr/analytic/calculation views.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood, I was only referring to a potential usability issue, especially if the views needs to be consumed by other applications, the user will not find them.

Thanks anyway for helpful answer.

Ronen

Answers (0)