Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot generation in particular shift

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I am working in a process industry and here we have 3 shifts. I want to know that can i generate a inspection lot automatically with inspection type 02 for a particular material in any one of the shifts irrespective to that the material will be issued in every shift.

Our quality department do the quality test of material for only once in a day in between 9am to 6pm. So here between this timing 2 shifts is coming A and B. But they issue in every shift. So if i use the movement type 261 to generate the inspection lot then inspection lot will be generated in every shift.

As i am new in quality so please give the response as soon as possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Saurabh,

In my opinion, since inspection type 02 is stock irrelevent, it's purpose is just to record the inspection result for quality control. So you can consider customizing an inspection type for manual inspection lot launching. This means you give up the function of automatic generating lot when doing 261, and have your production (or warehouse?) people manually launch inspeciton lot only when the quality people will do the inspection.

Another option is that simply let the quality department skip and close the redundant inspection lot directly (you can set a specific UD code to track such operation). There may need to have explicit indentification on your physical sample delivered to quality people, so that they know which inspection lot to skip.

I know that frequently there are special cases in process industries that SAP QM standard functions can not meet. My point of view is that as long as critical operations and quality control needs are not impacted, it is some times acceptable to compromise on the business/user side. Hope that helps.

Anyway, I'm not experienced in QM. Please point out if I'm incorrect.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Impossible with SAP stand-alone.

You told "material will be consumed in every shift, but inspection lot should be generated between 9AM to 6PM".

Please check enhancement "QAAT0001 - EXIT_SAPLQAAT_002" with your ABAPer.

You can use "no inspection" functionality.

Also you can search many thread for this enhancement in forum.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

It is possible to create a inspection lot once in a month for issuing materials which have movement type 261.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you develop the enhancement which I mentioned before, yes, it is possible.

Basically the SAP will generate the inspection lots (inspection type "02") for every 261 movement.

So you will meet many inspection lots, but this is not your requirement, I think.

Using the enhancement, you can add your business logic in SAP.

I recommend you implement this with QM expert (consultant) because most enhancement are critical in SAP.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

261 mvt type generates the lot if it is assigned with BOM or if u manually consume the material via MIGo, now in ur case it is in-process and material consumption is through BOM, so once ur PP order is saved then system generates teh two lots one is of 03 type and another one is of 02 type.

as far as periodic consumption lot is concern it is not possible, u need to use inspection point against 02 inspection type in quality plan and then record results against that lot once u assured that user locked the results against shifts w.r.t lot  provide UD to close that lot.

Regards

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thank you for reply.

But I have not understand your answers clearly. As i told you, they want to do the quality check for only once in a day for a particular raw material. But they issue that particular raw material in every shift. So if i assign inspection type 02 in material master then inspection lot is created in each shift as they issue the raw material in each shift.

Please give your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As i told u that if they manually issuing the material then there is not a problem, like via migo they using 261 mvt type and issuing the material then definitely lot will be there.

Regards

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Issuing of raw material will be automatically so which inspection point i have to assigned in Inspection Plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if it is automatically then only one lot is there for consumption, but once u assigned the inspection point then at the time of RR system will ask u about the date time and shift number, u feed it manually and record the results against the inspection point . U may use 100/120/130 etc.

goto Quality plan header and chek the different option by clicking on F1 in inspection point field.

Regards