cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing:-single sign-on & prebuilt APIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented Sourcing 7(SP03). I need your view/help on below requirements:-

• Can the Sourcing(CLM) support single sign-on from Emptoris eSourcing tool?
  • Does CLM interface with the following applications and are prebuilt APIs exist, they are:-
    • Vistex (SAP® Incentives Administration by Vistex™ and SAP® Paybacks and Chargebacks by Vistex™)
    • SAP Financial Systems
    • Bid information in Emptoris

I was googling in SDN and gone through Sourcing help link(help.sap.com), but not able to find any such information.

Please let me know if anyone comes across such requirement and implemented the same.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member49570
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Regarding the Single Sign-On (SSO), the SSO integration from 3rd System to SAP Sourcing 7 via SAML is working.

Then you can have  it working with SAP Sourcing/CLM 7 from Emptoris.

If you can use SAML from Emptoris system or another Identity Provider in your landscape then you are good to go.

For your other topic, sorry I cannot answer further than the standard Integration of publishing the agreement via XML to PI, then in PI you can work to send the messages to other system and not only SAP ECC...

Regards

Pierre-Alain

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Re: #2, there is no standard integration between Sourcing and the applications you have mentioned, however, depending on the requirement, it possible to build these as custom solution. Sourcing doesn’t have a built in web service framework yet but does have APIs that can be used to interact with the application. The custom solution would have to use these APIs and deployed as custom jar file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I was expecting answer from you..:)

Thanks a lot for reply.

I have raised few thread in past where I requested forum to help me understand "The custom solution with APIs and how one can build and deployed as custom jar file in sourcing server". I have not found any thread or help document for the same.

I have written custom script where used only those APIs defined in reference guide, XML file creation for MA and custom email trigger via java code like scenario only.

Sourcing doesn’t have a built in web service framework yet but does have APIs that can be used to interact with the application. The custom solution would have to use these APIs and deployed as custom jar file:- could you pl help me to understand your suggestion.

Regards,

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

If you want Sourcing to consume a webservice, you would have to use the wsdl for that webserice and create the stub classes (you can use apache axis for this). Use these class to make calls to the webservice. For interacting with Sourcing, use the Sourcing IAPIs available in Reference Guide. You may want to use a java IDE such as eclipse to write your code. Once code is developed, compile it (you would have to have Sourcing jars in your classpath) and build the jar. You can find information on how to build jar files online and there is nothing specific to souring here. Once the jar is created it should be deployed along with other sourcing jars on your app server. You can find more information on deploying custom jars in the installation guide available in SMP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)