cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived Attribute in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

While creating Attribute view erthere is an option to create derived attribute view ,I am trying to ceat derived attribute view and make changes in that, but it seems that it does not allow any changes. If we can't make changes in derived attribute view.how can we use this derived attribute view or what is the advantage of derived attribute views.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Yes derived attribtues cannot be changed except for it's description. It is similar to reference characterisitcs in SAP BW - shares common master data & properties but can represent different values/entities on a transaction.

A simple e.g. would be Sold-to & bill-- they could be two different entities on a sales transaction but from a master data point of view they both are customers. So you could have a customer attribute view & two derived attribtues from it - Sold-to & bill-to. If you wanted to show sold-to & bill-to customer texts separately, you can add both the derived attributes into your sales analytic view.

Thanks,

Anooj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varada,

As Anooj says, we can not modify the derived attribute view. There are some more information in the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3170869

/bikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj and Bikas

When you say description meaning that we can change the description of attribute view only but not the description of underlying attributes.please correct me if I am wrong.

Also if I derive attribute view B from 'A' and make changes in parent Attribute A at later point of time would it effect in child attribute view  'B' automatically.

and in the thread mentioned above ther was a statement by Murali

Example :Two logical join of different join types but defined on the same attribute view

Is it that above statement is w.r.t to Analytical view because we can't change even the join type in Attribute view so could not understand the above statement.Request  you to share your thoughts.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Reply to your first two questions:

Yes only the description of the attribute view can be changed not that of the attribute fields. If you change the base view it doesn't automatically deactivate the derived view. However, you need to redeploy the derived view before the changes become visible in a data preview.

Thanks,

Anooj