cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can kernel be patched before starting SAPINST?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I've spent the last few days going though all the notes in the Master and Install guides and see notes to patch various kernel related things. Rather than have the install fail and hitting the errors one at a time can I replace the files in the downloaded DVD's DATA_UNITS directory before starting SAPINST so it will poplulate the new versions throughout?
There are quite a few files in there such as SAPEXE.SAR, SAPDIAGNOSTICSAGENT.SAR, SAPHOSTAGENT.SAR, SAPJVM4.SAR, SAPJVM6.SAR, LUP.SAR, DBATOOLS.SAR, SAPEXEDB.SAR.

I'd love to be able to get the diag and host agents patched as well so don't have to deal with it after the install.

Well, thanks for your input.
David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi David,

Are you doing system installation ( SAPINST) ?

before installing the system you cant upgrade the Kernal. even you cant see the kernal folders inside your OS.

Please install the system with the latest version, after installing the system if you want, you can upgrade your kernal Patch level if it is delivered in service market place

please check here

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d8838d-cb8f-2c10-7ab8-d15046...

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (0)