cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order was processed with Required Delivery date before the Factory Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Issue:

I am resolving this mystery, a sales order was created with Required Delivery Date as 08/23/2012 but the "First Date" at schedule line was 08/23/1012 instead of year 2012 at item level. Here users enter the RDD manually and it is not proposed by the system, and it is automatically copied in the column "First Date"for the line items.

My actions:

a) I checked the Factory calendar, it is well defined with the date range and is assigned to the related plant.

b) I tried to duplicate this issue in development/test environment and it did not allow me and gave an error warning saying “Date 09/10/1012 occurs before the start of factory calendar US for plant XXXX”.

b) When I changed the date at item level to a valid one that is to 09/10/2012 then the sales order was processed.

c) However I could create an order with invalid RDD at header and valid "First Date" at item level. But the invalid date 09/10/1012 at the header did not create any warning messages. I could even process the delivery and invoice for that sales order.

Need your help in below:

So I have 2 questions to think on : 1) The Mystery: If everything is in place the well defined factory calendar, assignment of factory calendar to the plant, how come it failed to check the invalid date at item level and did process the sales order in the main issue? How come the sales order was processed?

2) Why the RDD being invalid (09/10/1012) at the header level does not affect in processing the sales order transaction and the document flow?

Any thoughts that would throw some light on above 2 questions, would help.

Thanks,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Answer to your second question is that, why system allows date before FC at header level, reason is system does not schedule any thing for that date, plant is at item level. header level RDD is used to decide billing date and pricing date while entering the order, if RDD is in past, billing date and pricing date is current date, so system does not give any error for RDD at header level, it never checks or uses it later in processing.

For first issue, that looks to be system glitch as you are not able to replicate it.

Regards,

Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Goyal it makes sense. So that means it is okay to have sales order with invalid RDD, it is standard SAP that has no checks or prevention from having a bad out of Factory Calendar RDD.

However in my original issue, not only Schedule line date but even the RDD was incorrect and out of factory calendar. I see the change log and that tells me that they had to change even RDD to current. This is strange that it allowed it at RDD but Item level, ATP level and rest.

Regards,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more thing, which I can doubt, was that material ATP relevant... Are you able to replicate the scenario, if not then, it is system glitch... send me details if you can replicate it.

Regards,

Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not replicate the scenario in any other environments. It does allow to key in the invalid RDD but when it gets copied at item level and I try to save the order, it gives an error that "Date 09/10/1012 occurs before the start of factory calendar US for plant XXXX" without fixing that it does not allows me to save the order. So it is a real mystery how the system allowed it in Production to happen. It did let the invalid RDD get copied into schedule lines and let the user save the order....never happedned before.

As you said it does sound like a system glitch. it happened for the 1st time.

May be we can now create a custom ABAP validation (convert soft warnings to red error messages) here in 1) VA01/VA02, for not allowing invalid RDDs (from the past) and 2) in VA02 if there is a change in RDD, the new RDD must get copied into the schedule lines. May be that would help us from having such issue in future.

Thanks,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Date 09/10/1012 occurs before the start of factory calendar US for plant XXXX"

This is not a system glitch first of all.it is problem of calender assigned to shipping point.

When it comes to calculate RDD the system consider lot of factors like

Production time

Procurement type

Pack time

Pick time

Loading time

Transportation time/Route scheduling time

And then it propose RDD,

So check all the factors and calender assigned to shipping point.

Kapil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check what calender is assigned to your sales organisation.  You can also have a look at the following note which may help you

• Note 73125 - Changing the requested delivery date

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks G. Lakshmipathi, but we are having version 6 and this note is for version 3 related so not sure if it should be applicable to newer version or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kapil,

But all factory calendar related assignments/configs are in place. And here the RDD is not calculated/ proposed by the system but user manually updates it and it gets copied to the line items.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (0)