Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Spool request.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pi spool files are being generated in ECC.

Currently PI is generating between 6500-7000 spool files per day which is causing the overall spool numbers to be reduced and is generating tickets in production.

Can someone help me if i can reduce the frequency and my action point on this from PI side?

PLease advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pi spool files are being generated in ECC.

Currently PI is generating between 6500-7000 spool files per day which is causing the overall spool numbers to be reduced and is generating tickets in production.

Can you elaborate the message flow? Hard to understand what you mean with spool files. Does PI write files which need to be read by ECC?

Can someone help me if i can reduce the frequency and my action point on this from PI side?

PI is only a message broker, actually the origin sender of messages is another application. So you need to reduce frequency there. At PI you can bundle messages, but it depends on used message types, structures, protocoll, adapers, etc. If you plan message bundling at PI you need to provide details regarding the message flow.

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

in Sp01, i see there are more than 20,000 spool request exist from just last 2 days and user involved here is GLBECCPISER.. they are transfering the issue to us saying the user seems PI and asking us to check.

if the spool request exceeds 500, it automatically generates severioty 2 ticket.

when i looked into the spool request, it gives the mesage id which was succesfully processed in PI...not sure, what i should be doing in bringing the spool request count down.

please advise.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

select a message at PI via messsage id.

Synchronous or Asynchronous?

Who is the sender?

What kind of interfaces?

If you look to ESR / interfaces: Is there any documentation?

If you look to IB 😧 Is there any documentation? Which type of adapters are used?

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

select a message at PI via messsage id.

Synchronous or Asynchronous? its only Asynchrnous

Who is the sender?ECC

What kind of interfaces? mostly Idoc to file/Jdbc

If you look to ESR / interfaces: Is there any documentation? no documentation available

If you look to IB 😧 Is there any documentation? Which type of adapters are used? It is IDOC to file/JDBC

please advise.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which type of IDocs are send?

Most easy would be to stop sending of the IDocs, ask the ECC owners if that would be a solution.

If you only want to stop file writing: Put a condition to the Receiver Determination like 1=2 and and configure that the message flow just stops without throwing an errror.

Regards,

Udo