cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the timeout for SOAP Inbound Channel of the Integration Engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends.

I have an scenario that use the SOAP Inbound Channel of the Integration Engine ( Adapter Engine is not used) , but i need to know the timeout for this SOAP communications. My scenario is SOAP-Proxy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark!!

I check this Note but this note applies to the sender soap channel using the Adapter Engine, on stage that I am reviewing is used an standard inbound channel of the Integration Engine that bypass the Adapter Engine.

Regards!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to see/alter the parameter HTTP_TIMEOUT value in sxmb_adm.  Please refer this thread for further details

http://scn.sap.com/thread/756029

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think 3 minitues by defualt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja!!

I have asynchronous SOAP-Proxy scenario but the inbound interface have a fault message. In this case i need know how much to wait this message and i think that the timeout  standard soap channel could define it.

Regards!!

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

timeouts doen't have any relevance in asynchronous scenarios (except you have messages of Giga byte). There is no response at all, nothing need to wait for a response. No application will wait here, all messages from one pipeline step to the other will be queued. This is actually the most important and wished behaviour of aynchronous flows.

Regards,

Udo

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I thought u working on Sync scenarion, check Udo response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo, thanks!!

I understand your point, but in my scenario there is a fault message configured in the Inbound interface that is trigger when any application error occurs then i need know the time to wait for this event, if occurring.

Regards.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have asynchronous SOAP-Proxy scenario

in my scenario there is a fault message configured in the Inbound interface that is trigger when any application error occurs

Would be helpful if can clarify: Is the scenario synchronous or asynchronous?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo:

The scenario is Async, but is use a fault message in the inbound interface, I understand that for aync  interfaces this message is only persisted for monitoring ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/dd/b7623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm ) but when i test the interface with a SOAP client , for any cases when a application error occurs, the fault message is returned  although that the interfaces is asynchronous, then i know how much wait for this error.

Regards.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

when a application error occurs, the fault message is returned  although that the interfaces is asynchronous

not in a synchronous response, only in a acknowledgment, and this is basically a second asynchronous message. That means, your receiver adapter will finish working after sending the  message to the proxy. The acknowledgment is tranferred by another destination (defined in SXMB_ADM). The proxy program can send the acknowledgment after a day or more delay, there will be no timeout because all is asynchronous.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo ! your explanation is quite explanatory! clear to me then that the return message is only an ACK.

Regards!