Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Roles - How to transport the role description only ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one question regarding to transport roles in the SAP ECC System. Is it possible to transport the amended role description only?

To make my questions clearer, I would like to explain a bit of the background information. I have amended the short descriptions of mass roles without changing any t-code or auth data. I am thinking whether there is a way to transport the role descriptions only without carrying t-codes and profiles. I did have a try on unchecking the "Also Transport Generated Profiles for Single Roles" option in one of the transport steps. But the profiles of the transported roles in the target system are changed with Yellow status (Authorization Tab). When I check the detailed auth data, they are also changed as per the ones in the source system. The only difference is that the Authorization Tab status is Yellow and profile text shows that "Current version is not generated".

Basically my activity is to correct the role descriptions. I do not want to transport any t-code and auth data. Is it possible to transport the amended role description only? I do appreciate all your kind help and experience sharing.

Brent

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no conventional method to do.. neither you should do that, it can cause data inconsistency. Whenever you make any change to the role, transport it completely..

But if you really want to play around, just create a dummy workbench request and transport the AGR_DEFINE table.. I've not tried it but you can do that..

0 Kudos

That should be AGR_TEXTS for the description, not AGR_DEFINE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not possible as far as i know

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you re-generate the profiles using tr. SUPC? If their contents aren't changed no harm can be done.