Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment handling in Sourcing 7.0

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sourcing Gurus -

We have 7.0 SP2 patch 0 on-premise installed (NW 711/Linux/Oracle).  Recently our system processed a lot of attachments which resulted in the following directory filling up:  /usr/sap/<SID>/J00/esourcing-00/tmp

When I had a look at the files in the directory I noticed they were all built during the month of August.  Once we went into September the August files were no longer present.  I have not scheduled anything myself to clean up these files, so I suspect there is an automatic cleanup in the Sourcing application itself (maybe a background task).  But I cannot locate any details about periodic cleanup jobs in the installation/configuration/operations guides.

Can anyone provide more insight about this scenario and/or about Sourcing regular scheduled maintenance tasks in general? 

Thanks - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The behavior you saw is normal. Sourcing uses the tmp directory under various situations and one of them is when uploading attachments. Clearing the tmp directory is handled by the system internally and is not configurable.

Regards,

Vikram

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram - Do you know of any documentation available that explains the various automatic cleanup tasks performed by the Sourcing app?  It would be helpful I think for system administrators to know.

Regards - Jeff

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I’m not aware of such a document. Sorry. I would say, tmp folder is the key one that the system uses to write temporary files and is automatically cleaned up by the system on a periodic basis.

Regards,

Vikram

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram! 

Answers (0)