cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning down database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem with the database on our SAP PI 7.11 server getting larger and larger.

I ran a delete job today that should have deleted all messages and history older than 7 days but it didn't seem to clear down much space. We also ran a re-org on the database.

Can anyone recommend a way to reclaim more space from the database?

Thanks

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to DB02 and check the DB free size,there are many tables holds all messages, failed messages will not get archived,first you have to cancel then only achive deletion works.

First run Achive jobs to archive old messsages then perform Deletion.once you complete activity for all the messages then run DB Re-org.

and also check BC_MSG java table entries and schedule archive/deletion job .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran the Archive and Delete jobs and then we re-orged the database.

The tables are still very big:

SXMSCLUP now 108gb,

SXMSCLUR - 12.4gb.

I have retention period for messages set at 7 days.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I don't know how many message your system is processing and what the avg. size is, but the sizes that you mention are relatively small compared to systems I used to work on.

Do you still have a huge amount of messages in your system with status error? They are not being deleted by the standard procedure.

You should check for sure the LOGGING option mentioned by Udo. When having this activated, the number of stored payloads in your system will be multiplied with almost a factor 10.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scheduled a weekly Delete and Archive job and we have turned Logging off but the SXMSCLUP table still grows at an average or 20gb's per day.

Can anyone suggest other ways to stop this table getting larger?

Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

the database on our SAP PI 7.11 server getting larger and larger

Where did you get that information from? Can you provide more details?

I ran a delete job today that should have deleted all messages and history older than 7 days but it didn't seem to clear down much space.

This are at least two jobs, please have a look to: Archiving & Deletion of messages in PI - Part 3

Can anyone recommend a way to reclaim more space from the database?

First you need to analyze the reason for database growing. There are a couple of reasons possible, for example java stack, logs, traces, etc. If this is a productive system you should consider if you set SXMB_ADM parameter RUNTIME / LOGGING_SYNC and LOGGING to 0 to avoid success message logging at all (this is of course only ABAP stack).

Regards,

Udo