cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Message Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Whats the differance between Message Monitoring using SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring in RWB .

Whats the use of Transaction Code SXI_MONITOR .

Thnaks ,

hem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>Whats the differance between Message Monitoring using SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring in RWB .</i>

The XI consists of abap stack and java stack.

To monitor the messages in the java stack we use RWB.

To monitor the messages at the abap side we use the Tcode SXMB_MONI or SXI_MONITOR.

<i>Whats the use of Transaction Code SXI_MONITOR .</i>

It is used to monitor msgs at the abap side and is same as sxmb_moni but it directly prompts the processed xml msgs screen.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hem,

As per the answers u have got from the above i want to add few points...

RWB---> it is the place where you can monitor the complete message flow. From the time it is picked to the time it is posted. Added to it u have the provision of Channel Monitoring,performance monitoring where you can check the performance(time to execute),End to End Monitoring etc... This really helps in debugging the problems.

where as is in Sxmb_moni you can just see the messages generated in the integration server. messages generated in the adapter engine cannot be viewed in SXMB_MONI or SXI_MONITOR.

you can view the same dynpro as in SXMB_MONI in the RWB.

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope somthing ..

RWB is the central monitor tool , one entry to which integrates some monitoring tools..

I hope you know all..

From Sender system to Integration engine, and from Integration engine to receiver system is for RWB,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/88/21bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

But for Integration engine is SXMB_MONI.

i hope you got it..

See below links..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b715045ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hem,

just to add to what Udo said, SXMB_MONI is the monitor for the integration engine, it means that you cannot see from that transaction if a file was successfully created because this task is done by the adapter engine.

RWB instead is a monitor also for the adapter engine, so there you can also see wheter the file was created successfully.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hem,

the main difference is the stack. SXI_MONITOR and SXMB_MONI are nearly the same dynpro surface with included internet explorer in splittercontainer. You can see messages at Integration Server. At RTW adapter monitoring (Java) is possible as well. The surface is pure browser.

Regards,

Udo