cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we release credit block without increasing credit limit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to understand the SD release process for sales orders blocked for credit management. My user is telling when a sales order is blocked for insufficient credit limit in the past the sytem allowed them to release the sales order using VKM3 without increasing the credit limit or without reducing the exposure and process the delivery.

However now the system does not allow them to process the delivery even after releasing the block in VKM3. Hence i told them to either increase the credit limit or reduce the exposure by posting some customer payments, however they claim this was not necessary in the past and they can just release and process the sales order just like that.

How can this be possible? Is what they are telling is allowed in the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear M mahendra,

There are many threads to know the functionality of credit management. you can enter the subject in google you can search your self.

If still your issue not solved you can post in SCN.

breif us your sales scenario first,

check your credit settings from configuration side

and also check setting OVZJ for partial order confirmation

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3174984

best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses, however my situation is more serious than what you think. Once i release the sales order in VKM3 (without increasing the credit limit or reducing the exposure) and then do a delivery for a second time, the sales order is blocked again for the second time.

I keep unblocking it several times and tried to deliver, but the system still blocking it again and again. Why is this happening like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you release a sales order, the following delivery has to be released as well if: it's not done the same days of the sales order's release, when you create the delivery, the customer still break the credit rules.

In your case, it seems that the sales order keeps blocking when you do a delivery: are you sure that there are no exits modifying the so during the delivery creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahendra,

Did you incorporated automatic credit control, If yes please send your credit settings, OVA8 screen shots.  frequently changing the confirmed quantity from CO06 or VA02 might be the reason for credit block for delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you got it right! The user has changed the sales order after the release and it got blocked again.

Thank you all.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Mahendra,

Yes, you can release the sales document & Delivery Documents from credit block by using Tcodes VKM3 & VKM5. Or you use • [VKM4] All  to release All with your last document and remember this only works with Automatic Credit Check.

Thanking you

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Yes, you can release the sales document & Delivery Documents from credit block by using Tcodes VKM3 & VKM5.

Hope it helps.

AKN

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI..As its very basic query.

Mostly, credit checks happen at 3 level in system.

1. While creating sales order.

2. While creating delivery doc

3. While doing PGI.

And how to release them?

Kinldy search, there are many information available for this.