cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Double Quotes in FCC Receiver of FTP.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am reached for a suggestion for the following situation:

It is a Proxy to File Scenario. FCC is being used in FTP receiver channel. There are fields [some fields] that gets into PI with double quotes. What seem to happen is that, these double quotes vanishes in the end output, although present in monitoring until the last stage in pipeline. Upon investigating, I managed to notice that, the double quotes comes to vicinity, only when the involved field value is enclosed [before & after] within a string.

Not clear?  Hmm. An example string is "Srii" [with double quotes]. This value "Srii" remains as it is until it is stored a file in the FTP server at the end. The output file contains a transformed value just Srii. Although, I am not a Java expert, I remember using an escape character to use a double quote in java program and tried it in message map which produced "/"Srii/"", which helped grip at the fact that the double quotes seem to appear if it is in middle of a string, in other words, doesnt start or end in a string. I have now managed now to produce an output that I am looking for, by concatenating an empty space at the front and back of the string.

Now, question, did anyone faced this situation before, at all? Any inputs shall be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

-

Srii

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srii,

use parameter  <NameA>.beginSeparator as " and <NameA>.endSeparator as ".  If you want to add " "  .  Please correct me if  I got ur requirement wrong 

Regards

Hari.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari.

Begin & End Seperators will add quotes to all field values, which is nto desired. The double quotes is already present in the incoming file. I am just willing to preserve it.

-

Srii

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi /"Srii/",

what you see is sometimes different from what you have. Did you use context/view source in monitoring to asure that the result is acually displayed in a suffienct way?

Regards,

Udo

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo.

That was indeed verified. When double quotes are seen in brower compatible form, I would anyway assume it to be present in the underlying XML, woudlnt it be?

-

Srii

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srii,

When double quotes are seen in brower compatible form, I would anyway assume it to be present in the underlying XML, woudlnt it be?

Who knows what browsers are doing? There are hundreds of different (versions) and they are more made for people browsing in facebook than displaying XML in a satifying form.

Regards,

Udo

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm.

I would indeed not talk about commercial web browers. I was refering to 'brower compatible form' displayed in moni and not in a web browser as such.

-

Srii

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srii,

MONI is splitter container with a inserted Internet Explorer, he, he. And IE is a commercial browser, viewing and hiding things what Microsoft want to display or not. Surprised?

Regards,

Udo

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thats a news to me indeed! Thanks for that, I have anyway answered your question. The quotes are present in the underlying source.

-

Srii