SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in GM_CREATE_BUDGET

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am getting an error in GM_CREATE_BUDGET. I have maintained necessary derivation rules in GMDERIVE but still i am getting error

Sponsored classes could not be determined; check grant

Message no. GRANTMGMT655

In GMDERIVE , i have specified Grant and derived sponsored class and sponsored program from it . When i am trying to create budget in GM_CREATE_BUDGET i am getting the above mentioned error.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can trace GMDERIVE, see note 666322 (same instructions are valid for GMDERIVE).

Switch it on and run GM_CREATE_BUDGET again. Maybe some values are missing....

cheers

Mar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can trace GMDERIVE, see note 666322 (same instructions are valid for GMDERIVE).

Switch it on and run GM_CREATE_BUDGET again. Maybe some values are missing....

cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar:

Yes i did that too prior to posting this thread but nothing is working for me . Setting the trace on in GMDERIVE results in nothing except error message in GM_CREATE_BUDGET. I do not know what is missing in configuration.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi:

One thing i have noticed whenever i create GM data, it give me warning message "Grants require exactly one external fund" although i maintained it in master data as can be seen in image

but still i get warning message and when i change Grant status to Award it turns in to error message.  When Grant was in proposal phase and i was trying to save it , it was showing me warning message. This might be the reason for Sponsored class error.

Please guide me.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

From your screenshot it looks like the fund EXTERNAL has a GM Fund Type = Internal. You must have at least one fund with a GM Fund Type = External in the grant.

Thanks

Shyam