cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSourcing BW Integration .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to understand mechanism of extracting eSourcing data in SAP BW.

We have BW 7.3,  OPM 3.0, eSourcing 9.0,  ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0 .

We would like to extract the data from eSourcing 9.0 to BW system and then hooked to SPM data Model .  In our projects flat file options are not allowed so we have to use extractor method to load data first in BW and then connect it to SPM .

If you can help me with step by step documentation for connecting BW to eSorucing and also with extraction methodology it would be great help .  It would help me in deploying best model in my project.

If possible, also help me with following questions .

1. How to connect extractors in eSourcing ?
  2. Are this extractors based on Webservice ?
  3. How to replicate this datasources / extractors in BW ?
  4. Do I need to create direct update DSOs for this extractors or direct connection to standard DSO is fine ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no direct way of loading data from SAP Sourcing (formerly called E-Sourcing) into SPM. The approach that need to be taken is to extract the data from SAP Sourcing as flat files.

SPM comes with a data model (which you can get from SAP Service Marketplace) - the data from E-Sourcing needs to be extracted in this particular format.

Once the files are available, these files need to be put into IMPORT folder - this is the folder which you mention in the global settings in SPM. Once the files are in the IMPORT folder, they show-up in data management tab in SPM UI from where you will do the data loading as 2 step process:

1. Step-1: Do the data load which moves the data into inbound layer
  2. Step-2: Release the data which then starts the process chain which will move the data from inbound layer to detail layer and reporting layer

There are no extractors and hence the rest of questions you have asked are not applicable regarding replicate extractors/data sources etc., And you don't have to create any new DSO for SPM data loading. The only criterion is that the file extracted should be in SPM compatible format.

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

u r talking about the data load's from SPM to BI ....rite ? esourcing data load require flat files from sourcing to the app server where the BI process chains will push to the DSO. But the SPM data load's should be done through SPM UI portal. Isnt that right ?

Thanks,

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its right..!! We should load data through SPM UI only..

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Did any one of you found solution for above questions?

Thanks,

Nat..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SPM community,

Can you please help me with this ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are also interested on the same integration, any help it would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Dan