cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default tab in tabstripe in webdynpro?

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can you please any one suggest me how to set the default tab in tabstrip?

i already set the property selected tab to ADDRESS ,

but it comes as default only for the first visiblity of the view ,

if i select another tab and the go back to the previous screen and coms to same screen the visible tab is recently selected tab.

but i want to set the ADDRESS tab as default for each and every time .

is it possible?

if so please suggest me how?

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasantha,

Yes it is Possible to set a Tab in a Tabstip as a default tab. Please check the property SELECTEDTAB. Try to set it with the tabevent id which u want to show as default tab.

For Eg: Create another attribute of  type string. Bind it to the property of TabStip - Selectedtab. it will give us the currently selected tab id.

you just set the attribute which we created and binded to Selected tab property as the first tab i.e the tab which you want to show as default tab.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

i already done the same as u suggested.

whats the issue is in the same transaction for the first time i am getting the desired default tab then i click on some other tab and move to next and come back to the same screen that time the latest clicked tab gets visible .but i want the default tab for every vision of that screen.

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasantha,

"...and come back to the same screen..."

If you bind the tabstrip's selectedTab property to a context attribute as Abhishek suggests, then as part of your navigation "back to the same screen", you can add code to set the bound context attribute value to the desired tab.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member185241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

You have to set the attribute value in the inbound plug of the view , inorder to make the tab as default tab.

Thanks

Abhishek

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek

its working as desire.

and one more issue is

is it possible to fix a row in the ALV grid ?

if it is possible please suggest me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue, I want to set one tab in the tabstrip as default. Could you please explain in more detail what means"set the attribute value" ?

Thanks,

Tim

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

create the attribute in the context for ex sel_tab.

then set the selected tab property of the tabstripe to the attribute sel_tab.

then based on the action suppose by the button click you want to display the tabstripe

in that button action set the attribute sel_tab with the value as ID name of the tab which you want to set.

if you want to display tabstripe in the initial screen itself set the sel_tab value in the WDDOINIT method..

Regards,

Vasantha D.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bind the selected tab property of tab strip and set the value accodingly

Thanks

Abhi