SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between IS-U Dunning and R/3 Dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every Body,

Could anybody tell me what is the difference between IS-Utilities Dunning and SAP FICO-Dunning.

Plz also explain the scenarios which tells the exact difference of IS-Utilities Dunning and SAP FICO Dunning.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per me there is no difference as such for Dunning in R/3 and ISU.

Dunning is carried out to process reminders/ penalty clauses in system.

In R/3 FICO is used for accounting, wherein in ISU FICA_ Contracts a/c receivables and payables are used. In ISU the R/3 FICO is always connected in backend.

Scenarios:-

Standard scenarios are like first generating a reminder letter then after some additional delay of payment may caused with second letter with some penalty amount which goes increasing as per company requirement and end with disconnection.

The scenarios can be configured as per client requirement in SPRO.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks sachin for ur reply.

For Ex If a company is having two SAP modules like R/3 and IS-Utilities, in this case which dunning would be used for which type of customers.

Can u give me any live examples where dunning is used in R/3 and SAP IS-Utilities.

0 Kudos

Hello,

If there are business partners which are not paying the charges of any sold materials/servcies in R/3 client then these BPs/customers can be dunned in FICO.

Wherein if any dues of water/electricity/gas are not paid by the BPs then those BPs can be dunned in ISU dunning process.

Hope this clears your query.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

I didnt understand exactly replied by you.

Could u plz explain once again the same with example.

0 Kudos

Please read the help for dunning which can be found in the