cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distmon and SAPVIEW package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm using the distmon tool to convert to Unicode an R347 environment.

The export went fine, and the import too, except the latest SAPVIEW package.

The distmon says the SAPVIEW import package failed on server1

The distribuion_monitor_import.log says the SAPVIEW package was processed successfully by R3load, then gone in error trying to copy the SAPVIEW.STR to the comdir/SapinstImport/DATA because the DATA directory was missing.

I have no idea why this sudbirectory on the comdir is missing; the preparation phase was ended successfully.

I double checked the presence of the views on the target uc database and they really exists.

All the objects in SAPVIEW.TSK exist on the target uc system ( I checked them with desc SAPSR3.<objectname>)

The SAPVIEW.log infact for any of them says they have been successfully created.

I'm almost sure I could skip this issue, and gone ahead with the other activities on the uc environment.

Neverthless I would like to see, finally, 0 errors into the distribution_monitor.log.

So I created the comdir/SapinstImport/DATA subdirectory, and I restarted the distmon -i, hoping it would have gone directly to the copy of the SAPVIEW.STR.

But it fails again because it tries to create again the views on the uc target DB, and these object already exist there.

Then I modified the server1/importInstallDir/SAPVIEW.TSK replacing "err" with "ok" , hoping the distmon skip the creation of the objects and go directly to the latest step was missing, the copy of the file SAPVIEW.STR to the comdir/SapinstImport/DATA ans restarted distmon again.

But if fails again; despiite the SAPVIEW.TSK contains 'ok' for the objects , it tries anyway to re-create the views again.
And the SAPVIEW.TSK at the end is filled up with "err" for any object.

So it has been overwritten.

Then I try also to modify the server1/importInstallDir/SAPVIEW.CMD putting # in front of the SAPVIEW.TSK row, editing again the SAPVIEW.TSK and then restarting the distmon -i.

And it fails again, because it tries anyway to re-create the views in the target DB

So, in your opinion what I should do to make the R3load to skip to try to recreate the objects in the target Database , and to allow the distmon to end with 0 errors ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best way would be to drop the views in the database. This would recreate the views as the distmon wants and once the import is sucessfull , it would write the STR and TSK files under <comdir>/SapinstImport . You have manually created the DATA , just have it as DISTMON wants.

Check if that works.

Create the drop view statement with

select concat('drop table SAPSR3.',concat(view_name,';')) from dba_views where owner='SAPSR3';

for Oracle database for example.

OR

Copy the SAPVIEW.TSK (with all ok not err) file to <comdir>/SapinstImport and then start the distmon .

Just give it a try.

Regards

Ratnajit

shashisingh
Participant
0 Kudos

I think drop the views is the good option.

Thanks,
Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mentioned about this package in "distribution.txt" file in DistMon, you have to keep in mind this will be the last package to be executed. Consider the DistMon node - which will finish at the last.

Regards,

Dipam

Answers (0)