Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE in Java based IDoc adapter

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SAP PI 7.3 SP05. While using IDoc adapter (Java based), we are getting an exception in receier channel for some of the messages:

"IDoc: Error before sending : IDocException com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <Idoc type>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=<position>, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=<position>."

I tried to process the same data using ABAP based IDoc adapter and IDoc was posted successfully to the backend system. Also, IDoc_AAE adapter seems to be working fine for some of the other messages. Its only for some of the messages that I am getting this error.

Is this a known issue and has anyone been able to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SD78
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

we have the same error on pi 7.31 SP 4 (Java only). The new idoc adapter is stricter and check during the transfer to the sap backend, if the idoc is valid, like (xml validation  xsd check).

You must analyse your mapping.

It is unfortunately a feature of the new idoc adapter.

Best regards,

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone come across this issue earlier?

Regards,

Sanjeev.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Even i faced this issue few months back.Then from the forum suggested to import OSS note 1688780.After importing that teh issue resolved.Please check with your Basis team whether they implemented this note or not.