cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major ticks in x-axis in display template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using xMII 11.5 version.I am trying to fix the major ticks as 10 in x-axis.If there will be more than 10 points,then it will skip some ticks and display only 10 major ticks.

Chart Type is Custom and pen type is LIne.

I gave 10 as major tick in Major Tick Count.But it is not working.

Any idea on this?

Thanks & Regards

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to set major ticks from javascript code:

document.appletname.getChartObject().setXAxisMajorTickCount(10);

document.appletname.getChartObject().setXAxisShowTicks(true);

document.appletname.updateChart(true);

But it is not working.

In Display Template chart type is Custom and Pen type is Line.I am using xMII 11.5 version.

Any idea on this why it is not working?

Thanks & Regards

Manisha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Version 11.5 was somewhat limited in its image definition.  There were some major improvements in display template capabilities when 12.0 came out. 

Have you tried making a larger image with a higher number of major ticks?  In other words, does the maximum number of major ticks scale with the size of the image?  Or is it a hard limit of 10, regardless?

Have you (or the customer) considered updating the MII version?  MII 11.5 is getting pretty dated, though still a very capable application.  While I do not have access to a 11.5 system anymore without going through installing it on my laptop, your code looks okay.  What SP and build of 11.5 are you using?

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike.

It is a hard limit of 10.Suppose query template returns 30 rows,so it will skip each alternate rows and display only 10 rows.

We are using xMII 11.5 .6 b73.

Yes we will upgrade 11.5 to latest version later.But for the time Is there any possibility to do in 11.5?

Thanks & Regards

Manisha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I don't think there is a way to do it and even if you open a ticket, 11.5 is either out of support or will be very shortly.  What about using a mix of major and minor ticks? 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIke,

I have tried by using mix of major and minor ticks.But no luck.As you suggested,we should go for 12.0 or any latest version of MII.Thank you.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,
There are also at least 5 more Service Packs availabe for 11.5 that you do not have installed.  You may want to start with upgrading your 11.5 installation before making the jump to 12.0 or higher.  Though if you do go to a higher version, I would make the jump all the way to 12.2.4 with the latest patch.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MIke.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manisha - that is the final SP for 11.5.

I suspect that Custom mode (similar to SPC charts) will ignore this setting, opting for a tick per record.  Change it from custom to line and you'll probably see the desired impact.  The right click chart properties window is a nice way to see display template changes in a wysiwyg manner.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I am getting 11.5 mixed up with 12.0 and 12.1.  Too many versions, too little time. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy.

Finally I am able to fix it by using mix of Major and Minor ticks as suggested by Michael.

Regards

Manisha

Answers (0)