cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted firmed planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

We are facing a problem with firmed planned orders with 2 of our products.

Firmed planned orders were getting created in production confirmed key figure even though we don't need them.

The scenario is we have two locations lets say X(production plant) and Y(DC).

The demand is from DC Y and planned orders were created in plant Y.

Along with production order bogus firmed planned orders are also getting created in production confirmed key figure.

Only two products are having these problem among the group of materials. Rest of the products are working fine.

We are using CTM for supply planning.

We compared the product master data between the normal products and problematic materials. Everything looks fine.

While checking PPM for the problem causing materials we found that the variable material consumption quantities for the input and output components of these two products were different .But for other products the material consumption quantity (variable) is same.

Will it be a problem?

Can any one tell what is the reason for creation of these bogus firmed planned orders?

Thank you.

Regards

Jith.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jith,

Is there any 'Planning Time Fence' set for the above 2 materials? Inside the planning fence, the created planned orders will be firmed.

Also, can you tell me the bogus firmed orders are created all over the horizon or only within certain time range?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for reply.

I made a mistake in my post.

I said the planned orders are firmed.

I said it firmed because we can see transfer reservations and firmed purchase requisitions for the planned orders in ECC system.

But the planned orders which are showing in production confirmed key figure belongs to category AI(not firmed,unconfirmed).

Our requirement is we don't need these planned orders in production confirmed key figure.

We have SNP planned orders with category EE in production planned key figure which is fine.

As per my knowledge the planned orders with category AI is PPDS planned order.Correct me if I am wrong.

We are not using PPDS. But we have PP module.

Why these PPDS planned orders are created?

I don't know how the planned orders with category AI created in production confirmed key figure.

Normal products(similar products which are working fine has only production orders in production confirmed key figure).

PPDS planning time fence is maintained as 5 days for the above products.

Thank you.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jith,

The production confirmed key figure in standard SNP book has the following categories attached to it.

1. Production order 2. PPDS planned order 3. Firmed PPDS order and 4. QM lot

If you have any one of the above orders for your materials, then it will update the Production (Confirmed) key figure.

How did you make sure that the Production (Confirmed) key figure has only Planned order of type AI?

One more point to note is - there may be some planned orders created locally in ECC, which may also result in updating this key figure.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran

Thanks for reply.

In our problem production confirmed key figure contains production order and planned orders of type AI.

We have SNP planned orders of category EE in production planned key figure which will send to ECC to convert it to production orders.

But business don't want planned orders of category AI.

I think the firmed purchase requisitions at DC Y created planned orders(AI).

I mean there are transfer reservations at plant X with same order no as that of purchase requisitions in DC Y.

But I don't know how to check whether these transfer reservations create the planned orders(AI).

Is there any way to check that?

I deleted planned orders(AI) in APO and ECC at X

purchase requisitions at Y and corresponding transfer reservations at plant X in ECC.

Now the problem is not occurring.

Somehow it got resolved.

Since we didn't resolve the cause for this problem I think it may come back again.

Please give any suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards

Jith