cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View using SQL Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per our requirement I had to create a Calculation using a SQL Editor.

This logic has 5 Left Outer Joins which will derive Sum of working days.

It was taking more time in HANA Development system (3 records in 20 mins - logic was correct and it is expected result)  then thought of we don't get this kind of performance problem in HANA Quality system (better hardware/software config).

In Quality system it is not able to display the records after couple hrs..still running.

In our logic we restricted with few values and it would get only 500 records.

To get 500 records HANA quality system is not able to give the result...it is still running for ever...

Please provide me the suggestions...

Thanks

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi P K,

My two cents -

1.Instead of joining everything in a calc view, break them.

2.Move the joins to Analytic Views and the calculation to calc view. That way you'll utilise the 3.Join/OLAP/Calc engine properly.

4.Reduce the data volume as much as you can with some filters.

5.Create Index, on the non key fields.

/bikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Few thougths:

a. I assume you have split the joins into separate SQL statements and not combined all of them into a single one. Also see if you can use CE functions instead of sql statement to make best use of the performance optimized queries on the calculation engine

b. See if you can model the joins using attribute & analytic views instead there by making use of fast HANA engines - join & analytic engines

c. I am certain there were a few performance improvements made on the calculation engine through revisions. If you are not on the latest rev, strongly recommend you to upgrade as a means to check if performance gets any better.

Thanks,

Anooj