Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in Webdynpro

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just installed SAP 7.3 trial version and I'm having problems with authorization in webdynpro. Wenn I'm trying to see (in SE80) layout preview for any view I'm getting login window. It's the same when I'm running webdynpro application. How can I enforce SAP to send these data automatically? Since I'm already loged in SAP, it should be enough for authorization.

I've surly solved this problem for my old SAP instance, but I just don't remember how.

Since I'm using this server only for my private tests I've set user and password in ICF node /sap/bc/. But in this way when I'm trying to run webdynpro directly in web browser I'm omitting login screen what in this case is wrong.

One more question. What is the difference between node /sap/public/ and other nodes? It is not necessary to login to services that are under this node. Settings are all the same. Is the reason here fact that /sap/public/ is System Service and for example /sap/bc/ is only Service?

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I've found the reason for this login thing showing up. I totally forgot about setting ticket in system parameters. I was missing these two things login/accept_sso2_ticket and login/create_sso2_ticket. Now it works.

However my second question is still valid.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Try to fill the text file "hosts" (I've got in the next path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) with the IP where you installed the trial version, probably 127.0.0.1 and the name of the machine (probably localhost) for the same reason.

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a single-stack ABAP system? Do you have it running only locally on your Laptop or PC?

Public services can be called without authentication being required. Some of them (e.g. ICF services) are needed internally but are too much information for an external caller, so it makes sense to filter these at network switches (e.g. SAP webdispatcher) so that they can be called from the inside but not from the outside of the server network.

Cheers,

Julius

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it's a single stack ABAP and I'm running it locally on laptop (in VirtualBox to be more precise).

But what is the difference in settings of public services? I go to SICF, double-click on public node and in new window i choose some other node and.... there is no difference. Both are set in the same way.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk