ESS Leave request --- Best Arch Design for storing attachment / document.
Customization required on ESS Leave request iview & MSS Leave request Approval Iview.
SAP NetWeaver 7.3
While employee is applying for Leave request under Leave request iview of ESS, he should have the functionality to upload the certificate (medical certificate, tickets etc) in .jpg or .png etc.
While manager is approving the Leave, he should have the feasibility to see the attached certificate of that particular leave request in the Leave Request Approval Iview.
Note: in the Leave Request Approval Iview, not in UWL iview.
Design 1: Store the attachment in R/3
1) Customize the WebDynpro Leave request wherein the comp send the attachment to Functional module.
2) Functional module to get the attachment .
3) FM stores the attachment in R/3 or repository.
4) For manager, another FM to send the link or attachment to the WebDynpro.
Design 2: Store the attachment in Knowledge Management.
1) Customize the WebDynpro Leave request wherein the comp store the attachment in Knowledge Management.
2) For manager, read or get the link of the KM document into the WebDynpro Leave request Iview.
Which is the best Architecture design?
If you have implemented similar functionality, please provide the sample or solution.
Kindly provide your support & it will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,