cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register iOS on SUP but Android successfully registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can register android mobile devices but not iOS... Logs don't give me any information on the issue.

My config is a SUP 2.1.3 PL1, i try to connect an iOS 5.1.1 with SAP CRM Mobile Sales 2.0.2.

iOS config (same as android):

Server name: sapcrm.cross-systems.ch

Server port: 80

Farm ID: 0

Username: xxx

Activation code: xxx

Domaine: MobileSales

A proxy forward incoming traffic from sapcrm.cross-systems.ch tcp port 80 to supserver tcp port 5001.

SUP config:

Hostname: supserver

Listening message port: 5001

Connection settings:

Activation code: xxx

Farm ID: 0

Server name: sapcrm.cross-systems.ch

Server port: 80

Sync server host: supserver

Sync server port: 2480

... default settings then ...

My application ID is "CRMSales"

I tried to create an application connection without application ID, and without security option and domain with no success.

Hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Clément

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this will give you other clues... It is not a proxy, but a reverse proxy. Also, in the log file of the reverse proxy, i get the following error when trying to register with iOS device:

Sep
18 15:10:46 reverse pound: no service "POST /tm/?cid=0 HTTP/1.1" from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Sep
18 15:10:46 reverse pound: no service "POST /tm/?cid=0 HTTP/1.1" from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Sep
18 15:10:46 reverse pound: no service "POST /cli/iarelayserver/0/tm
HTTP/1.1" from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Sep 18 15:10:46 reverse pound: no service "POST
/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/0/tm HTTP/1.1" from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

It looks like a program error, SAP CRM Mobile Sales do a POST to SUP with the suffix "/tm/?cid=0" ... and do not end successfully. With Android devices, there are almost the same request but it ends with a "OK". I would say that SUP does not provide the requested service by iOS.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Clément Belezy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clément

Like mentioned, the path /tm?cid=0 is available on the SUP server.

You can test it by going to http://supserver:5001/tm/?cid=0

It seems that pound doesn't like the hostname and denies the post.

So maybe iOS is creating the URL in capital/small caps or only IP, where Android is formatting the url like pound desires.

Are you sure there is no hostname filtering active in your pound config file?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer.

Our network admin is not filtering hostname.

I have the following when I test the service within IE

Can  you confirm you get the same answer ?

KR,

Clément

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clément

Did you try to create the application connection, without domain, without application ID, but with security configuration DOECNoAuth?

That's how I got it working at my customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.

I used wireshark to analyse incoming traffic on tcp port 5001. When I use Safari from my iOS and enter http//sapcrm.cross-systems.ch i can trace tcp packets generated from the request.

However, when I try to connect through SAP CRM Mobile Sales 2.0.2, there is no incoming tcp packets traced on port 5001...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried to connect to the supserver directly using port 5001 configured on your ipad?

Try this first. The odd thing is that your android can connect over port 80.

So this would mean that the firewall is configured properly and should not make a difference for the ipad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Good news, I was able to register my iOS device directly connecting to a SUP instance.

I installed SUP on my laptop, I connected my Iphone and my laptop on the wifi network and it worked. However, as my office network is not the same network than the wifi network (for security reason) I will not be able to work that way with SAP systems.

I would suggest there is a problem with the proxy server. I read in the SUP architecture white paper 2.1.3 that an enterprise proxy server could be used on DMZ. This is what we got, however, I wonder if there is any prerequisite on this proxy server...

Moreover, if we consider only registration of mobile devices to SUP, we only need tcp port 5001 to be opened on incoming traffic from the proxy server. Outgoing traffic on all TCP port is allowed.

Help would be appreciate =).

KR,

Clément

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clément

Will contact you next week when I'm back in the office, do expect an e-mail by the end of next week.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information, SAP Mobile CRM Sales works perfectly with Android... and I can't ever register my iOS device with SUP. I'm disappointed =).

KR,

Clément