SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUC settlement doc.. create no partner funds after splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have noticed  the final settlement document (with current year activity) produced with CJ88 now does not create partner fund entries in the special ledger doc after balancing the entry by fund and business area. The system balances the entry by fund and business area... BUT without using partner fund.

Prior to the upgrade (in previous years) the system produced a SPL document balanced by fund and business area with the user of partner funds.

What would cause the system to stop creating partner funds? As a result of a posting error, we have to correct an entry via a FB50 journal entry (per SAP's guidance), but the journal entry will create partner fund entries that doesn't match the original SPL document.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have narrowed the problem to the ECC6 upgrade from 4.7. For AUC activity, the system started to create splitting entries after the upgrade even through the initial AUC document is already balanced by fund and business area.

Then in the final step in the AUC process, the final document is not balanced by fund but the system creates no partner fund entries.

Anyone have any input... we are not using the NEW GL.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have narrowed the problem to the ECC6 upgrade from 4.7. For AUC activity, the system started to create splitting entries after the upgrade even through the initial AUC document is already balanced by fund and business area.

Then in the final step in the AUC process, the final document is not balanced by fund but the system creates no partner fund entries.

Anyone have any input... we are not using the NEW GL.

0 Kudos

Will,

If you have narrowed it down to the upgrade, maybe you can change the splitting rule to "Do Not Split" for the GL Account you are using. For this you will need to change the document type, create a transaction variant and a new splitting rule and then attach the splitting rule with the transaction variant to the GL Account Item Category.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

I would have took the approach of preventing the CJ8G document from splitting but the document produced during final settlement CJ88 must be split.

I got a response from SAP indicating that the documents are now are balancing by "partner business area" which is causing the splitting. Prior to the upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6 this behavior was not occurring even though the entries in the partner business area field were the exact same.

I was referred to note 973342 that outlines how zero balancing lines are created differently in ECC6.0.