cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA97N and Production Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a way to make CA97N use the task list assigned to the active production version?  Many of our materials have multiple production versions with only one being active.  CA97N appears to take the first active task list it finds whether or not it's assigned to a production version.

This isn't an issue when there is only one material to update because we can enter the specfic group & group counter desired.  But, when we do mass updates of operation setup time, machine time, etc., it would take too much time to run CA97N one material at a time.

Thanks in advance,

mary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think your requirement can be fulfilled via any standard or config setting. My suggestion would be to develop a custom report with call up the program RCPMAU03 using  ABAP statement SUBMIT. This program is pretty easy to develop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I thought that might be the answer but I was hoping for something that wouldn't require programming.

-mary

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As you have only one production version as active and other are locked. So task list assigned to it active version should have status as 4 and rest should have status as 1 created. So only valid task list will get selected.

Another selection you can use Planner group lay say 001 assign it to your active task list then system will select that task list only also you can use CA96 for mass update.

Also you can find out the task list for active for production version use it in selection of CA97N.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, we have so many task lists and didn't realize that the ones not assigned to an active production version had to have their status changed to 1.  Going forward we will be changing the status but, initially, I think we assumed that CA97N was looking at the active production version.  I am working on getting a list of tasks that should be set to 1 so that we can do a mass update.  There doesn't appear to be an easy way around this.

Thanks again,

mary

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to SE16 enter MKAL table here enter material and plant and execute it. Here you will get your active production version you can exclude the lock production version too.

For this production version you will have the task list number also download them in excel. So all these are your active task list group counters.

Use these group counter in selection of CA97N.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done that.  The problem is that CA97N won't accept an input file with all of these records.  I know that it will accept a list of materials, a list of groups and a list of group counters but, the way it reads this information is not "1 to 1 to 1" but "1 to many to many".  If each of our materials had one group and one group counter, it wouldn't be an issue.  But we have materials with multiple groups and multiple counters in the task lists.  Here's an example:

MATERIAL   TLTYPE1  GROUP     GRPCTR

200129492   N              50120718   1     

200129492   N              50120718   2     

200129492   N              50120718   3     

200129492   N              50120718   4     

200140010   N              50118272   1     

200140010   N              50118272   2     

200140010   N              50118272   3     

200140010   N              50118272   4     

If group counter 4 is active for material 200129492 and group counter 1 is active for 200140010 and I enter both these materials into CA97N along with their associated Group and Counters, how does CA97N know which counter to use for each material? 

As I stated above, we have hundreds of materials that we have to run at one time after we do any sort of mass update and it would be too time consuming to run each one individually through CA97N.

At this point, I think setting the status on all the inactive task lists to 1 would be our cleanest solution.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In that case you can use the batch input process or CA85N to set status as 1.Or you can use Planner group assign it to your active task list then system will select that task list only also you can use CA96 or CA97N for mass update.

All the best.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)