cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returnable materials without using sales order return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario in which we deliver goods to the client in trucks and we return these trucks as well. What i am doing is during delivery i am adding new line item of trucks and its Returnable material (LEIH) . I dont want to create sales order return i just want to create Post goods receipt without using Sales Return Order. Are there any steps in which i receive my Goods without creating return order.

Please need valuable advise ... 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, adding entries in an existing delivery for return goods is not the best way. Better could be to create dedicated delivery type (without ref) for return goods.

Delivery type LO is without reference (without order).

In standard SAP LO is created as outbound delivery (in other words for goods going out of the plant / PGI), you would have to copy LO and then do required changes for Delivery for inbound / return of goods.

Try by changing field value of "Default order type" to RE in 0vlk (zeroVLK).

Business related questions:

a. Does your company give money back to the customer (Credit note), in case the goods are returned? & What about pricing procedure, for returns without order. How you want to handle it?

b. Reporting: How your management wants to handle reporting of returns? (without RE order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically we send trucks of cement and those trucks pour cement at client side then get back to premisses. the main purpose of Truck is to deliver the material and get back to premisses. 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What material are you returning? (cement or packaging material or...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just trucks which is my returnable material

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are taking returns as a main material or packaging material but here may be trucks not included into neither material nor packaging material.Only trucks may be used for transported here with main item + packaging Material.

Thanks,

Naren

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just trucks which is my returnable material

Please clarify, are those truck stock or non stock materials?

If it is non-stock then, you can consider my reply on following thread:

- Returning non stock items from a return sales order

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As both Narendra and J Prakash have commented / asked,

please clarify the MMR (materials) entered in the sales order

give a screen shot of VA03

e.g.

In VA03:

10 Cement 100BAG

20 Truck     1EA