cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order as direct material:Editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have added a checkbox for 'Order as indirect material'(Z-field) next to 'Order as direct material' checkbox in the Shopping Cart item data tab. When either of the checkbox is checked, they both become uneditable.

Now we have a requirement in which we have to make this operation reversible. That is, if the requester selects either one of the checkbox, he should be able to uncheck it if he wants. For the Z field that we have added for 'Order as indirect material' this is possible. But how do we make the standard checkbox of 'Order as direct material' editable.

I understand that this is the standard functionality and the only option is to delete this item.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Order+as+Direct+Material+checkbox+unchanged

Is there any way we can achieve this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Points will be awarded.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the indicator which is  under it_item-subtype and set it to DP based on whatever is your condition in the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. It should work.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

First of all, thanks for your reply.

What I have understood is that when Order as direct material is selected, the item subtype becomes 'DP' and if we clear it then the checkbox becomes editable again.

The next problem is that how do I decide when to clear the subtype. The requirement is to give the requester the functionality of unchecking that checkbox. If we are identifying that the Order as direct material checkbox is ticked by the subtype equal to DP then how do we identify when the checkbox is unchecked.

By the way we are using SRM 7.0 extended classic scenario.

Answers (0)