cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Query Designer: selection variable, define list of available input values in input help

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BW 7.0, Bex Query Designer

Hi all,

I am creating a query in Bex Query Designer with a selection variable (characteristic value) with manual input processing for the company code.

1) Now I want to configure the selection, so the user only gets a list of only 2 available company codes (for example 0300 and 0400) when he uses the input help (and not the complete list of existing codes).

2) I must also prevent that the user can manually type in some other codes than these 2 mentioned company codes in the selection field. 

How can I configure this functionality ?

Kind regards,

Guy Verschueren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achive this using BADI to restrict F4 selection.

Please see below link its very easy to implement, you can create one temporary internal table and hardcode these values.

Please let me know how it helps.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4009b0a8-7adc-2e10-48b3-a111c8f40...

I have done this earlier to hardcode the business partners in selection screen instead of those coming from infoproiver or master data.

Regards,

Deepak Chavan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In input variable list ,it will take all the company code available in infoprovider . if you want to display only two code . Create a authorization object on company code , assign desired come . code . I think data level restriction at inprovider can solve the issue.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the below steps to restrict the user to access 2 company codes,

1)Mark the IO(Company code) Authorization relavent and activate it.In the IO Business Explorer tab check the Authorization relavent check box.

2)Go to T-code RSECADMIN -Under Maintainance -Enter the name of Authorization Object an click on create Authorization.Insert the IO and also SAP recomended Objects 1.0TCAACTVT, 2.0TCAIPROV and 3.0TCAVALID.

Maintain the values for these objects.Select the company code and click on details.

3)T-code RSU01-Enter the name of the user to be assigned with the authorization object and click the change button.The select the relevant authorization object and save.

4)Create Authorisation Variable in Query Designer Create an Authorization Variable - Variable with Processing by Authorisation in Query Designer as Below for Sales Organisation

Note : Also include all Authorisation Relevant Objects which are used in that infoprovider in addition to the above additional 3 objects otherwise you may get "No Authorisation" error when you execute the query.

Note : 0BI_ALL is the authorization object to access all the info objects which are   authorization relevant.

Reagrds,

Ramitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But I would like to configure that the concerned user can only select these 2 company codes for 1 specific query. For some other queries the user should be able to get the information for all company codes. I don't think I can resolve this problem using analysis authorisation as you described.

Kind regards,

Guy Verschueren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create authorization object ( for 2 com code ) assign the user1 .   Check it by displaying cube data ,if  it display only two com. code   , fine. Otherwise make query.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achive this using BADI to restrict F4 selection.

Please see below link its very easy to implement, you can create one temporary internal table and hardcode these values.

Please let me know how it helps.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4009b0a8-7adc-2e10-48b3-a111c8f40...

I have done this earlier to hardcode the business partners in selection screen instead of those coming from infoproiver or master data.

Regards,

Deepak Chavan.