0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SRM 7 EHP 1 (SP 7) - Classic Scenario
SRM MDM CATALOG 7.1 (SP 😎
ECC 6 EHP 3
PI 7.1

Activated SRM_CATALOG_1 in SRM

Activated CAT_701_CTR_UPLOAD & CAT_701_UI_IMP in Portal

We have service contracts in ECC which we need to replicate to SRM MDM Catalog. These are normal service contracts ie Having the outline and in the details of the outline the service lines (which contain the service master numbers). There are no further service hierarchies.

Scenario for replication of the contracts containing materials works fine - ie through MECCM transaction in ECC we are able to replicate the material contract to SRM MDM Catalog. During SC creation, we are able to log on to the Catalog and add the material to the SC.

We tried replicating the contract containing services through MECCM and pointed the catalog destination similar to the one used for the materials. XML gets generated but the XML just contains the outline - no service lines (with service masters) are passed through the XML generated from ECC (verified this through SXMB_MONI).

Queries -

1. Is there any further configuration required on ECC/PI side to enable the replication? Any documentation regarding this? We have referred to the help documentation and OSS 1454369 but not very clear on how to proceed further.

2. Are separate repositories required for materials and services?

If yes, then how will the replication be enabled through MECCM for contracts which contain both materials and services?

3. Also, during SC creation through catalog, the user will need to browse through two separate catalogs - if he needs to add both material and service even if both the material and service belong to the same contract in ECC?

4. How can we keep the contract information in SRM MDM Catalog updated -

eg change in contract price information or items deleted or added to the contract which should be updated in the SRM MDM catalog for use by the SC creator?

Please provide pointers.

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Configuration for upload of service hierarchies is in pdf files attached to Note 1350788 - SRM-MDM Catalog 7.01 Configuration with SRM 7.01

2. You have the answer in above note.

3. From what I remember, You can not add service hierarchies in SC created in SRM. If you create a Shopping cart in SRM, you can only add Material item / Limit/Service item (without Outline items).

Service hierarchies in SC are supported only for Purchase Requisition replicated from ECC.

4. MECCM should take care of sending only the changes to already uploaded contracts. But I do not know this for sure.

Thanks,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your inputs.

2. So, do we not need to maintain separate repositories and just the PI settings should suffice?

We do not want to add outline items in the SC when selecting through catalog - just want to add the service items (included in the service lines) which belong to a particular contract.

eg ECC Contract C1 has two line items - I1 & I2

I1 : contains a material M1

I2 : Service outline - contains service line S1 (having activity A1) and service line S2 (having activity A2)

C1 is distributed to the SRM MDM Catalog

While creating a SC we will browse through C1 which is uploaded in the catalog and select M1, A1, A2 and punchout and bring to the SC as 3 line items.

To enable this - do we need two separate repositories (ie two different webservices for accessing catalog) -

one which points to the material M1 distributed to SRM MDM Catalog from C1,

another which points to the activity A1, A2 distributed to SRM MDM Catalog from C1

4. Should MECCM be scheduled as a background job for everyday upload of newly created contracts as well as updates to existing contracts to SRM MDM Catalog?

Any documentation which mentions how to do an ongoing maintenance of SRM MDM Catalog when ECC contracts are distributed to SRM MDM Catalog?

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. You need two different repositories and you need one webservice per repository. Refer to functional documentation of SRM MDM 7.1 on SMP on how to configure a catalog as service catalog. You will need to do it in UI configuration.

4.Better schedule MECCM on a daily basis or if you need immediate update on MDM for contract changes, you can configure a custom workflow too. you will have to find out if any events are triggered when contract is changed. I am really not sure if MECCM sends only changes or entire contract.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your inputs.

We are on ECC 6 EHP 3.

For MECCM to transfer the service contract with service lines to SRM MDM Catalog and then use in SRM SC creation, is ECC 6 EHP 3 sufficient or do we require ECC 6 EHP 5?

I also checked the details of MECCM report in SE38 - there is no detail mentioned specifically for Service Lines etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. EHP5 is required.

I am sorry i ignored your current system level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amish,

I have a similar issue of sending the contracts (having materials as well as service items) from ERP (ECC 6 EP05) to MDM (7.1), can you please elaborate as to how the services are transferred to MDM.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer this note for 1268821 XML setting.

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ERP 6 EHP 3 and hence 1268821 is not relevant.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Amish